BOOTS

FSU-EMT

I know In EMS you need some kind of footwear that protects your feet, but is there anything type of special shoe or boot that isn't "boots" if that makes sense. I'm not really the kinda guy who would be wearing boots... or even really want to.. (unless I need to).. So I'm just wondering if there is maybe like low cut boots you could wear or like an ankle type boot... something not so big.

Something like these?

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Fire-EMS/Boots/6-Boots/D/30000/P/1:100:20000:20500:20504

• Like 1

o0o0 yeeah.. like those. I'd feel so much better wearing something like that.. rather than big old boots. thanks : )

If your agency does not supply you with boots, check with them to find out what type(s) footwear they allow you to wear, brand name specific if need be, and where to get it (them).

Keep the receipts for taxes, as a "cost of doing business" item, and only if said footwear is exclusively used for the job. Mr Tax Man doesn't take kindly to "job use" items doubling as regular knock around or party dress clothing outside of your agency.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know of any good WOMENS boots? I have a pair of magnum that I love, but they don't hold up well at all, and I need a new pair before it starts to get really wet outside. I have heard that a lot of the companies have actually stopped making women's boots. My local store is no help, they think the only difference is that the womens boots are smaller sizes. I have a really narrow heel, and there is way to much room in the heel in most mens boots for me.

• 1 month later...

I wear the Haix Airpower X1 EMS Station boot with the front zipper.

http://www.haix-bootstore.com/rescue-station-boots/airpower-x1-us

They're pricey coming in at $260 a pair ... however let me through this out there.

I bought my pair four years ago. I've had them resoled once ($70) so in total I've invested $340 in my foot wear in four years.

The boots are amazing. They are EXTREMELY comfortable. I can run a 24 hour shift in them and have no problems. I can stand on my feet for hours without any pain or discomfort. They care completely water proof and have saved my feet from falling O2 bottles, the stretcher, partners, monitors, doors, walls, and other weird and unforeseen events. The sides of the boots have saved me from spraining my ankles on numerous occasions. I can honestly say without them I would have done some serious ankle damage. I sleep comfortably in them and when I do want to take them off they're extremely easy to put on and take off. They fit like a glove! I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who is looking for an excellent pair of boots. Yes, they're expensive, but justifiably so. In the long run they've saved me money and even if they didn't, the comfort and protection they've brought my feet and my ankles is well worth the money.

Thats my two-cents worth.

PS. I get these boots in the mens, but the ladies boots are also comfortable. I have a wide foot and I didn't like the narrow feeling of the ladies boots. One of my partners has the ladies airpower x1's and she loves them.

Edited by Hillintheburgh

I wear a magnum stealth 8" boots with the composite toe and shank, plus the side zip. Been a good boot so far, I can get into them quick and they dont get too hot. I had a problem with the zipper on my first pair but it was replaced under warranty quickly. I have narrow feet and they still fit well, but I will be adding insoles due to my high arches. Other than that, great boot

I wear the Haix Airpower X1 EMS Station boot with the front zipper.

http://www.haix-bootstore.com/rescue-station-boots/airpower-x1-us

They're pricey coming in at $260 a pair ... however let me through this out there.

I bought my pair four years ago. I've had them resoled once ($70) so in total I've invested $340 in my foot wear in four years.

Hey nice boots there !

I like the zipper with leather cover as my old mid zipper type that I used, would rattle like crazy, so not good for sneaking about quietly.

Word of advice: spend the money and get a good boot that fits well, everyone's feet are a different "last" boots are the most important part of anyone's kit.

I wear ankle high boots from Puma with laces.

But I`m thinking of upgrading. I`d like to have zippers, they are just more comfortable, plus safer (hate the laces when they get open while carrying a patient). Also, My boots aren`t really what you could call cold-resistant.

I ended up getting a pair of women's Magnum stealth force water proof with the side zipper. They are much more comfortable for me then the other brands I tried, good from the first day of wearing thumbsup.gif They don't zip on and off as easily as my older version of the magnums, they changed the zipper, but my zipper broke on my old boots, and I think this design is stronger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.