Tammy Tisa, Cumberland, NJ

Tammy Tisa, 55, of Cumberland County New Jersey was laid to rest August 11, 2010 after succumbing to cancer. The news of her death was a terrible shock, as she passed away only 8 days after being diagnosed with breast cancer.

Tammy was Assistant Chief of Lawrence Township EMS (Station 38) and has also served as President and Treasurer. She was also the Director of Training and Assistant Administrator for the Millville Rescue Squad.

Now, on to my rant. I havent posted on here for well over 3 years, but after reading a news article on Tammys passing with pictures (www.1strespondernews.com) I became, I guess enraged is the word.

Millville Rescue Squad should be ashamed of themselves. Here was the sweetest women, nicknamed Mamma T for a reason, who gave everything to Emergency Medical Services. You paid tribute to her, by allowing your squad members wear short sleeve shirts and white gloves. Most of your members couldnt even tuck their shirts. Then my rage became worse when I saw the "Honor Guard" WITH SUNGLASSES while at attention! Next, the Chief, of all people, presented the flag that was draping her casket to her surviving husband, while wearing his sunglasses. Even the people carrying her casket were wearing sunglasses and short sleeve shirts.

You people are a joke and you wonder why the joke of Cumberland County is Millville Rescue Squad. I cannot fathom the amount of disrespect you just showed for Mike and his family. You cant tell me for one second that you couldnt scrap together some long sleeve shirts at least for the people involved in the procession. I am so angry about this I cant even stand it!!!

When I attended funerals for police officers, EMTs, or firefighters, as a stand-by medic unit, not even involved in the funeral itself, I ALWAYS wore a pressed long sleeve shirt and a black tie to show my respect. You people make me sick and Tammy deserved so much better! I hope you are all proud of yourselves for this blatant display of disrespect.

Oh, and I forgot one. One picture shows a women at “attention” with her pager on. Why? Were you going to respond to a call during the funeral?? I’m pretty sure Vineland EMS was probably called in to cover the squad so that you guys could attend the funeral. Again, goes to the disrespect and lack of professionalism.

Edited by scratrat

I am sorry for your loss. I to am saddened to hear how unprofessional that group was.

You know, I unfortunately can't change what I did, but someone else had suggested my rant be elsewhere, and he's right. I was just as unprofessional.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.