Versed in the drug Box.

medic82942003

Moving to a new Drug Box, just wondering the folks that have Versed in the drug box, How often do you use it. The new protocols have Versed in the kit. Thanks for any input.

It is among the top 5 round here.

Used for all it's properties. Sedation at all levels, anti-seizure, relive muscle spasm, etc

Diazepam is still #1 for seizure control as far as most are concerned.... but many use Versed in it's place.

We use it exclusively for all the scenarios stated before. It is more versatile than Diazepam and if given IM, is more readily absorbed. Then only initial problems we had was underdosing in seizures. This was identified and protocol changed. Have had no problems with it since. Good stuff.

I have never had Versed in any of my drug boxes, we always carried Valium. The one service that I worked with that did have Versed, keep it locked up with the Morphine, but not in the drug box.

ABQ, NM medics tend to use it a lot. Seizes is still primarily Valium, but for sedation and chemical restraints Versed it the first choice. And it's kept w/ Fent, Valium, and MS in a small pouch on the medic's person.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.