Brand New EMT

EMT281

Hey guys. I've been lurking the board for quite a while, just got my credentials. :) I'm new to EMS, but I've been a fan for many years. I'm currently an NREMT-B, waiting for my Texas EMT-B to go through, and this Friday moving to New Bedford, MA, which I'll have to take the test for EMT-B (not an NR recognized state.)

Anyhow, great to be on the forums with you guys, and I'll be positing relatively often. Looking forward to my first official shift. I notice most people are nervous, I'm really not... I'm confident in my training, will work on my patient skills, things will be all well. :)

Haha... perhaps if it were legal. ;) Surprised you're familiar with it. lol

"Call me Ishmael."

Actually, don't. My name is Richard, and I'm an EMT from New York City (born, raised, and employed), not the sole survivor of an ill fated New Bedford Whaler, lost at sea, known as the "Peaquad" (spelling?), under the control of an insane captain named Ahab, and his First Mate, Mr. Coffee, er, Mr. Starbuck.

Edited by Richard B the EMT
  • Like 1

"Call me Ishmael."

Actually, don't. My name is Richard, and I'm an EMT from New York City (born, raised, and employed), not the sole survivor of an ill fated New Bedford Whaler, lost at sea, known as the "Peaquad" (spelling?), under the control of an insane captain named Ahab, and his First Mate, Mr. Coffee, er, Mr. Starbuck.

Ahh yes, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.