I Feel Stupid

Kim_Possible

Hi Everyone,

I feel very embarrassed about bringing this up. I am trying to get a job with AMR for the new NH contract. I am having such a difficult time trying to pass the 12 lead exam. What really sucks is I studied very hard for all the exams, and only passed one and the practical. Well, just for the time being since my last service was nice enough to give me an unvoluntary leave of absence, I am desperate for a job. Everytime I've gone in for an interview and tested, I am not doing well. I have been in EMS for almost 17 years. The last 10 which were not exactly pleasant as a medic. Never really did have a great mentor when I reached my medic level. Well if anyone has some sympathy in your heart to help me out that would be great. Then I won't have to be one of those people you complain about who is actually talented in this field and you're paying for my unemployment benefits.

I don't know what I am doing wrong and if anyone can help me out....It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kim

Hello, I do not have much medical advice to add being that I am only a EMT-B in my state but I would like to add something. You have been doing EMS work for 17 years, correct?? Then I already commend you!! People just go through ruts, they forget things that they should already know or etc. I think you will be fine, just keep studying. I have been there where you feel like no matter what you did you always messed something up. When I went through school I was 16 y/o and I did pretty well until I came to the trauma section. It was just very hard for me to learn all the steps. Some of the instructors knew that I wasnt going to pass because I was so young. But I studied my ass off and sure enough I got a 100 on the trauma exam. Just keep plugging at it. I think you'll be ok. With 17 years of experience I have no doubts. :rolleyes:

Hi Everyone,

I feel very embarrassed about bringing this up. I am trying to get a job with AMR for the new NH contract. I am having such a difficult time trying to pass the 12 lead exam. What really sucks is I studied very hard for all the exams, and only passed one and the practical. Well, just for the time being since my last service was nice enough to give me an unvoluntary leave of absence, I am desperate for a job. Everytime I've gone in for an interview and tested, I am not doing well. I have been in EMS for almost 17 years. The last 10 which were not exactly pleasant as a medic. Never really did have a great mentor when I reached my medic level. Well if anyone has some sympathy in your heart to help me out that would be great. Then I won't have to be one of those people you complain about who is actually talented in this field and you're paying for my unemployment benefits.

I don't know what I am doing wrong and if anyone can help me out....It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kim

Hi Everyone,

Thanks.

Kim

Hey Kim, I would be glad to offer any help I can on the subject. I am a Critical Care Paramedic with about 12 years of experience and cardiology is one my favorite subjects. My email is romialta2@yahoo.com is you want to email me with some specifics and what your having problems with.

Hey Kim, I would be glad to offer any help I can on the subject. I am a Critical Care Paramedic with about 12 years of experience and cardiology is one my favorite subjects. My email is romialta2@yahoo.com is you want to email me with some specifics and what your having problems with.

Yes whatever you can do would be a great help.

Kim

I was lucky enough to actually be a graduate of Bob Page's entire paramedic program at St. John's in Missouri. I'd be more then willing to help you get through 12-leads as well.

I feel your pain. I was laid off recently and took the only job I could find and I hate it. I won't go into why it's so bad, but it would have been better for me to collect unemployment then to worry about getting fired because I am trying to protect my certification (yep, paramedics are only "certified" in PA). Perhaps you're getting to the point where you're so down on the whole thing that it's actually hindering your interview and testing process. It's easy to say "relax" and "cheer up, it'll get better" but when you're living, it's really the last thing you want to hear. I do wish you all the luck in the world and hope your tide turns soon.

• Like 1

My guess is she worked at a place that did not do 12 leads.

Listen right now, I need to focus on getting through my 12 Lead test. We did do 12 Leads with one of my services, but I don't think I did them that often with the second service I worked with. This could be the reason why I am extremely rusty.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.