Starting an ambulance service

gtl

Only because Dust is AWOL . . .

>>Besides the ambulance and stracher<<

Yeah, you'll need a stracher! LOL!

I think one rule that should be implemented in the, "How do I start an ambulance company," paradigm is ten years working for a moronic ambulance company owner . . .

:)

My thoughts exactly, I somehow fail to see that the request by gtl is realistic or even deserves lip service well other than try:

ambulance"r"us@sillyness.com .... website.

cheers and good luck.

Now back to: Do You Think You Can Dance .

Edited by tniuqs

Is an apology is in order? Perhaps a tad bit too sarcastic and premature response from myself.

Most sincerely I really don't wish to rain on anyones parade or dream(s).

I have pondered about this first post a bit so I have to ask where are you located and is it possible that English is not your first language as I have friends in the Caribbean island's that would ask just this type of question. I am still astounded how well they run their volunteer services on little more than the change in their pockets for petrol.

In todays economic age to start a service in North America is not as simple as stocking an ambulance, there are many of services that are finding it very difficult to keep afloat.

Start up Capital, then a Business Plan for Banking Credit (unless one is independently wealthy) Insurance, Regulations pertaining to the state/ province/ territory or parish. Staffing, Training , QA/QC, and finding an MD willing to back you all come before ordering "kit" on-line.

So a question, are you located on the North American Continent gtl if you are not please PM me and I would be pleased to provide numerous equipment list(s) that I have developed for off shore use and how too make spine-boards and make cravat's out of bulk cloth .

cheers

• 4 months later...

In NYS u need an Operating Certificate from NYS DOH EMS. However, even w/ $$$ or political pull, you can't just apply for one. It must be purchase. NYS doesn't issu them uinless there's a written need or an old existing that's not being used.

I work in NYC; so you'll have to buy TransCare, Coling, or a Hospital which had an EMS Dept who's closing or closed. I was an EMS Mgr at Cabrini; I shopped my Certificate around; the boundaries were NYC; so it was a hot item; worth $750,000+. St Vincents, LICH, and Maimonades were interested. No one bought it though; so NYS recycles them; there's a Cabrini Certificate to be bought... Good luck....

In NYS u need an Operating Certificate from NYS DOH EMS. However, even w/ $$$ or political pull, you can't just apply for one. It must be purchase. NYS doesn't issu them uinless there's a written need or an old existing that's not being used.

I work in NYC; so you'll have to buy TransCare, Coling, or a Hospital which had an EMS Dept who's closing or closed. I was an EMS Mgr at Cabrini; I shopped my Certificate around; the boundaries were NYC; so it was a hot item; worth $750,000+. St Vincents, LICH, and Maimonades were interested. No one bought it though; so NYS recycles them; there's a Cabrini Certificate to be bought... Good luck....

In NYS u need an Operating Certificate from NYS DOH EMS. However, even w/ $$$ or political pull, you can't just apply for one. It must be purchase from an existing one. NYS doesn't issue them uinless there's a written need or an old existing that's not being used.

You're better off moving to one of the Dakota's, South I believe, where you can use any vehicle you want as an ambulance... and all of the required supplies, sans stretcher, will fit in one bag. Either way, one of the Northern Plains states has an EMS code which hasn't be updated since the 1970's, allowing for anything from a hearse to an Freightliner to be used. Start there.

You're better off moving to one of the Dakota's, South I believe, where you can use any vehicle you want as an ambulance... and all of the required supplies, sans stretcher, will fit in one bag. Either way, one of the Northern Plains states has an EMS code which hasn't be updated since the 1970's, allowing for anything from a hearse to an Freightliner to be used. Start there.

Holy thread resurrection Batman

But seriously, I don't think the OP is here anymore. I also think that with the original post the guy was trying to start a service but he didn't realized how deep a hole he was going to get in.

I have a close friend who is starting an ambulance service in Missouri. He's 1 year into it and it's still not running yet.

I think his venture capitalist is in the hole for about 2mil so far and I'm not sure if it will ever actually get off the ground.

I didn't resurrect it.. I was just making a sarcastic reply about the failures of certain EMS systems.

I know. Your response was just the one I chose to reply to.

The previous poster resurrected it, I'm sorry if you thought I focused on you as restarting it.

I'm edgy, I've taken A LOT, likely double the 24hr dose of several cold meds. So I may be offensive, defensive, loopy or difficult to understand. Thank "God" for auto spell check, eh? Anyhoo. Ittabeaight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.