EMT Course Starts on Monday!

Jello

Hi EMTCity!

My name is Angelo and I'm about to start my EMT-B course at CCSF in San Francisco. I quit my desk job at the beginning of this year looking for something that would keep me active, learning and helping people out. I'm really excited about trying something so new. After I get certified I'm going to try and find a 911 job nearby and keep taking some fire science tech classes with the ultimate goal of being in the fire service -- but I'll worry about that when I get there. I'm also considering becoming a paramedic... but again, that's a while away now.

I'll take this time now to thank you all in advance for all things you will undoubtedly help me with throughout this course. rolleyes.gif

See you around!

• Like 1

Hi Angelo,

Welcome to EMTCity! You will love it here. I have learned a lot and I just became certified in June when I passed my national registry. I took the class so I could help people and nursing on the same floor doing the same things every single day seemed boring as hell. But welcome once again and good luck in your class!

Katie

• Like 1

Quick update to my introduction:

So I originally thought I would be getting into the EMT course at CCSF but as it turns out so did 40 other people and unfortunately I got sent home. Luckily, since I am dedicated to becoming an EMT, I had prepared a backup plan and actually got into the EMT course at Skyline College. We had our first lecture today and tomorrow we have our first lab: lifting and moving the patient. I'm pretty excited to put on my EMS pants and my "EMT Student" shirt for the first time!

• Like 1

Quick update to my introduction:

So I originally thought I would be getting into the EMT course at CCSF but as it turns out so did 40 other people and unfortunately I got sent home. Luckily, since I am dedicated to becoming an EMT, I had prepared a backup plan and actually got into the EMT course at Skyline College. We had our first lecture today and tomorrow we have our first lab: lifting and moving the patient. I'm pretty excited to put on my EMS pants and my "EMT Student" shirt for the first time!

hey! my class starts on monday- and i am so excited! my original class choice was canceled for lack of enrollment, but, like you i am dedicated to learning this stuff!! i will have to switch my life around a bit to accommodate the new schedule- but it is so worth it!! good luck to you and i hope to hear more about your classes!!

-sam

• Like 1

I'm pretty excited to put on my EMS pants and my "EMT Student" shirt for the first time!

I too can remember that day, in my day it was not formal classes it was get in the "Bonnie" we have a "TRIP" .... and its been quite a ride.

So Welcome: To the best and worst that you will ever experience in your lives.

A big thumbs up for enthusiasm (and a green one each) Please ask away to all the ole guys and gals on the site its good for all of us, we are pretty much world wide on EMT City with advice even from upside down land(s) and even Kanukistanians are tolerated.

And besides who doesn't like Jello ..... EH ?

Edited by tniuqs

Welcome to the city. Kudos to you for having a back up plan- you are already ahead of the game: Expect the unexpected, and plan accordingly.

Good luck in school, and by all means, utilize this site as a resource. As was noted, plenty of experience here, diverse backgrounds and areas, so if someone does not know the answer to a question, they will find out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.