NREMT epic fail

26 members have voted

1. 1. Did you fail your NREMT frist try?

• yes
    • no

As I recall it, NREMT-P exam was the easiest I've ever taken and passed.

Have to agree with you. I found the NR a piece of cake compared to the NY state and NYC REMAC (the latter being a test in your knowledge of protocols, more than actual knowledge of subject matter).

Maybe I was just more relaxed taking the NR test, as it wasn't going to change anything if I failed it.

• 1 month later...

I realize this thread is 2 months old but I feel a need to put in my .02 worth.

I started my EMTB class about the middle of July last year. My class had 44 people in it on the first night. I graduated with 11 other people in January. I don't remember what number I was in class. I did pretty good in the class but I haven't passed the NR yet. I learned a lot in the truck when I was doing my 3rd rides. I learn better and it sticks with me better hands on. Even though I graduated class in January my school still lets me do 3rd rides. My school was also at the EMS station where we did our 3rd rides. I still learn stuff. I have had the pleasure to ride along with some great paramedics. After all the calls the paramedic asks if I have any questions and we review what we did. I feel more prepared now for NR then I did when I took it the first time. During class I the majority of calls were transferring patients from the hospital in tahlequah to tulsa. Since I've been out I have been able to work several car wrecks, a couple of drunk people calls, 1 mental behavioral call, 2 seizure calls. One of them was a 3year old girl having seizures. I had never seen someone seizing before my class. I even have a 3rd ride comming up in the morning.

One thing I noticed I was doing during my NR test, and like they have said before here, is I was over analyzing the test questions. It seems easier for me to think of my treatment in the field with the patient in front of me. The paramedic will tell me if I'm right or wrong. If I'm wrong they will say..."well lets try this instead. Like I said earier they review the call with me.

I'm about to retake my NR in December when my wife gets out of school for her Christmas(she is going for RN).

What I'm getting at is don't give up because ya didn't pass the first time. How many people wouldn't be where they are today if they gave up on their first time. I'm sure there are alot of great medics now that didn't pass on their first time.

Kiwi proclaims the NREMT questions are designed for the lowest common denominator patch factory Parathinktheyare, therefore do not read into the question.

For example the question asks what to do for patient who is having shortness of breat

a. manually ventilate them

b. give high flow oxygen

c. call medical control

d. attatch AED

The answer is B

Cognitive knowledge is not being tested, behaviourist reaction to stimuli is.

• Like 1

Kiwi proclaims the NREMT questions are designed for the lowest common denominator patch factory Parathinktheyare, therefore do not read into the question.

For example the question asks what to do for patient who is having shortness of breat

a. manually ventilate them

b. give high flow oxygen

c. call medical control

d. attatch AED

The answer is B

Cognitive knowledge is not being tested, behaviourist reaction to stimuli is.

First what is breat? :spell:

Second wrong answer. Obviously it is C as that keeps a person from doing any thinking.:devilish:

Breat is what you do at night :D

If that's the case, since you mentioned 'shortness of breat'; does that mean you're talking from experience?

I guess the 'truth' has come to light again....

If that's the case, since you mentioned 'shortness of breat'; does that mean you're talking from experience?

I guess the 'truth' has come to light again....

So wonder if he takes something that would keep him from taking nitro? :devilish:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.