Care Package Ideas?

Jeepluv77

Thanks for all the ideas! I can't sending anything fresh made or pressurized. If they're underway when it arrives it will literally sit in the heat for weeks. It'd be a lot easier if I knew when they'd be gone and could time it but, of course, we can't know ships movements. He still hasn't told me anything he wants. It's been a rough go of it lately though. I found this thing at a gas station, though, that says you get it wet and wrap it around your neck and it's supposed to keep you cool for hours. Sounds like fluff but I got one. Figure if it works maybe the family support group can get together and send enough for everyone. They're $5 each and I don't have $150 to spend, though, so I'll have to find help with it somewhere if the whole crew's going to get them. Ideally, we'll come up with enough to get them all two. They use their blue cami's, coveralls, and digi cami's so they'll need tan and navy blue one's to really be effective. Hopefully this can go somewhere though.

My husband deployed with the Navy on July 6th. I'm getting ready to send out his first care package and I want to send some good stuff. They're in an extremely hot climate so it has to be things that won't melt or get damaged. I've got swedish fish because they don't melt. Pez because, not only do they not melt but they can be slipped in a pocket for a pick me up on watch(no dispenser because it's too bulky). A couple of books and DVD's. Some odds and ends for his uniforms. Now I'm looking for things that would be highly appreciated that neither he nor I may have thought of. Any ideas? I was told that wet wipes, which I was considering sending to help him stay cool, would leave a film on his skin that would irritate after awhile. Someone told me there are cooling wipes made for desert climates that don't do that but I can't find them. Any idea where I might get those? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Especially for items that can be shared because several of the guys don't have anyone sending anything. Thanks for any ideas!

When I was in high-school we made care packages every few months to send to Iraq. The most important things I can think of are disposiable cameras if you can send that. Stamps and envelopes also. That can be shared so they don't have to buy them from the px. I can't realy think of anything else. But you could always have him send you a list of things he wants and needs, so when you send the next package you know exactly what to put in. Or else ask someone in the navy you know that was already over there, what they needed and got when they where deployed.