Motorola radio programming

Of course not. I don't need the FBI kicking in my door.

You can get it on eBay.. It's perfectly legal to purchase the software. Just like any frequency, if you're using it, either you-or the people you're using it for, better have a license allocation. Certain freqs don't require a license, but most do. We purchased the software, cable and bases to program our Minitor IV and V pagers; Motorola Mobile's and Kenwood Portables from Keystone Communications in N'umberland.

You can get it on eBay.. It's perfectly legal to purchase the software. Just like any frequency, if you're using it, either you-or the people you're using it for, better have a license allocation. Certain freqs don't require a license, but most do. We purchased the software, cable and bases to program our Minitor IV and V pagers; Motorola Mobile's and Kenwood Portables from Keystone Communications in N'umberland.

What is the name of the software? Motorola Programming Software?

I have no idea, it was installed on a computer owned by a fire officer. Our station computer wasn't compatible.

Mother software is different for each model. It is expensive and they don't want just anyone to have it. You can go to the batwing forums and check with the folks there, on availability of the software for your radio model #. It is a "M" specific site frequented by radio geeks.

• 10 months later...

We bought software on eBay to program our Kenwood portables; and from (locally for you - kinda) Keystone Communications to program Motorola HT1250's and our Minitor 5 pagers.

Not a record for a revived thread, but...

Just a reminder, if programming a radio for listening, unless it's in the Cell Phone frequencies, have at it, and enjoy (let me know what the frequencies are, I might want to listen on MY scanner radios).

If you're intent on transmitting, you're going to need a licence from the Federal Communications Commission, unless, like I did, have permission to use a personally owned radio on agency frequency, to assist in agency bisiness, hence my using "PVAC 19" as my on air ID with Peninsula Volunteer Ambulance Corps, on 155.28 MHz, licence KAO349. Squad's no longer in existance, but the other squads know me, and know if I come up on the air, there's some kind of emergency in progress.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.