Motorola radio programming

Contact the manufacturer.

However, if you're planning on using it to access certain frequencies, expect a call from either or both, the FCC and the FBI.

An associate of mine says that one of her associates just got a new type radio, and contacted the manufacturer for cloning the frequencies to the individual's computer. 5 minutes later, the radio manufacturer's Security wing called back, asking "WHY do you want that information?" It seems the radio model was so new, it wasn't supposed to be in the hands of private individuals yet, just LEO, FD, and EMS ones.

Another place to look maybe a P2P site but those are risky.

Well.. programming frequencies and junk into radios is regulated under FCC... I would rather not use pirated software to do something like that. All I want to do is program some radios at the firehouse. Guess we will just have to pay someone to come do it.

Well.. programming frequencies and junk into radios is regulated under FCC... I would rather not use pirated software to do something like that. All I want to do is program some radios at the firehouse. Guess we will just have to pay someone to come do it.

In my area several services split the cost and bought it.

Well.. we have it installed already that mysteriously appeared one day. That computer is slowly dying though. We don't have a lot of money and new radios are quite expensive. We can't program our older ones (GP300 I think) because the software or whatever needs DOS. I will have to look into it more. I just wanted to get ahead and be prepared ya know? I guess I could (in theory) snoop around a few "places" to see if I can "demo" a copy :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.