More bad PR

tskstorm

As LoneStar said, camera's in the back on the ambulance would not be a feasable solution. The privacy nightmares with that are almost endless. The solution is to build a culture within your' service of responsibility and accountability. Too often bad deeds go unreported... and therefore unpunished. If yiour partner won't let you get away with those types of shenanigan's, you are going to be less prone to do them. If you know that the partner you have is meek, and afraid of making waves... and you already have the unfortunate predilictions to do these types of deviant acts... then you are more likely to attempt them. We must make it known to our co-workers that we will not tolerate these types of behaviors.

I think it very well could have happened that she was touched inappropriately, but I get the feeling the patient is a bit of a liar too. Either way, the attendant is screwed.

even if he his innocent.... a similar case happened here 3 or 4 years ago, a pt under the influence of some kind of drug accused a medic of digitally raping her. Even though he was found not guilty, his career was finished.

Six pictures of her in a bathing suit... that she doesn't know how they got there. I call bullshit on that one. If someone sent them, she had to have saved them, more likely though, she had someone take the picture of her on her own cell phone.

I think it very well could have happened that she was touched inappropriately, but I get the feeling the patient is a bit of a liar too. Either way, the attendant is screwed.

Matt I think you mis-read the article.

The items in question she was not sure how they got to the number in question.

Why is it that we automatically view the victim as lying? Have we as a society gone so far off the deep end that we disbelieve everyone?

If that were the case then we should disbelieve everyone on this site that posts things that happen to them.

It's unfortunate that many bad apples (people who claim truth but in the end lie) have spoiled the cart for those of us who are truly telling the truth.

Let's give this lady the benefit of the doubt that things happened the way they did. In the end, the truth will come out.

And the douchebag on the run, I think that speaks volumes about his guilt.

But on the other hand, we have to let the evidence come out and when that does then we will have the truth.

I hope they catch him though.

And no his career may not be over. It may be in his state but what if he isn't convicted? He could go to another state and work for a small service that doesn't do as good a bit of research on him than they should.

even if he his innocent.... a similar case happened here 3 or 4 years ago, a pt under the influence of some kind of drug accused a medic of digitally raping her.

"...digitally raping her"?

Huh? Wazzat?

even if he his innocent.... a similar case happened here 3 or 4 years ago, a pt under the influence of some kind of drug accused a medic of digitally raping her. Even though he was found not guilty, his career was finished.

I am not surprised.

Matt I think you mis-read the article.

The items in question she was not sure how they got to the number in question.

Why is it that we automatically view the victim as lying? Have we as a society gone so far off the deep end that we disbelieve everyone?

If that were the case then we should disbelieve everyone on this site that posts things that happen to them.

It's unfortunate that many bad apples (people who claim truth but in the end lie) have spoiled the cart for those of us who are truly telling the truth.

Let's give this lady the benefit of the doubt that things happened the way they did. In the end, the truth will come out.

And the douchebag on the run, I think that speaks volumes about his guilt.

But on the other hand, we have to let the evidence come out and when that does then we will have the truth.

I hope they catch him though.

And no his career may not be over. It may be in his state but what if he isn't convicted? He could go to another state and work for a small service that doesn't do as good a bit of research on him than they should.

Aw hell, I went back to reread the article...I was wrong, I misread.

I have a problem with giving benefit of the doubt in cases like this. The sad truth is that even though the truth comes out in the end, weather the guy is guilty or innocent, his reputation is completely ruined. Bushy gave us an example. Not only do these incidents make patients afraid of riding on the ambulance, it makes ambulance crews, especially crews consisting of two males, weary of transporting female patients, in fear of false accusations.

I do agree that he does not help his case by running.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.