Siren means nothing

driver

Driver:

1) Are you a member of an Emergency Medical Service, or any emergency service?

2) How long have you been with that service?

3) In that service, have you gone through an Emergency Vehicle Operator's Course, or an equivalent class?

From what I have seen of your postings, I believe the answer to these questions is a resounding NO.

(Speaking from 37 years of New York City area ambulance crew experience, and my Aussie friend from at least 5 , and probably more, years of experience)

Did you even have to ask that question? The very obvious answer is NO, NO, NO

Also, Driver, could you explain to me how on a one lane per direction road, in an area where drivers are supposed to pull to the right, possibly into a parking lane, how it becomes a failure of the emergency vehicle driver not to be able to get past this errant driver, especially when the same rules say the ambulance shouldn't use the parking lane, as someone attempting to follow the law might then end up cutting the E.V off, and forcing them off the road?

Also, Driver, could you explain to me how on a one lane per direction road, in an area where drivers are supposed to pull to the right, possibly into a parking lane, how it becomes a failure of the emergency vehicle driver not to be able to get past this errant driver, especially when the same rules say the ambulance shouldn't use the parking lane, as someone attempting to follow the law might then end up cutting the E.V off, and forcing them off the road?

It's very simple actually. The driver should use all available room to get around the vehicle or he/she can just crawl behind that vehicle till he is able to pass it.

Did you just join to give EMT's and Paramedics shit??? Wow you signed up today and got -11 or whatever I think thats a new record!!!

Good to know i set new record :D Giving ems crew middle finger while they trying to get around you going code 3 is not the same as posting on the net and telling them what you think.

Good to know i set new record :D Giving ems crew middle finger while they trying to get around you going code 3 is not the same as posting on the net and telling them what you think.

They are just trying to save people's lives!!!