Jason Green, EMT

Well that saying has been around since before you were probably a twinkle in your dads eye.

JP was a 'twinkle'? :blink:

I'd have figured more for an 'itch' but never a 'twinkle'! :spell:

Well that saying has been around since before you were probably a twinkle in your dads eye.

True, but the Fark.com headline (which I read before reading this article) was, "Remember that EMT on break that couldn't be bothered to help a dying woman? Karma is a biatch."

The comments on Yahoo news are disgusting. Here we have a man that decided to dedicate his career to helping others (we all know how much EMTs and dispatchers get paid) and when he is shot and killed the public chalks it up to "karma" or "that monkey deserves it". The internet really brings out the inner racism and ignorance of the general public.

My own views on the situation are that he did all he needed to do by calling it in. Now, I would have called it in and stayed with the person in distress, but what can an EMT-B without equipment do in a situation like that? Better, what could an EMT-B with equipment do?

We better all behave ourselves lest we want to be tried and sentenced in the court of public opinion with the help of youtube and camera phones.

My own views on the situation are that he did all he needed to do by calling it in. Now, I would have called it in and stayed with the person in distress, but what can an EMT-B without equipment do in a situation like that? Better, what could an EMT-B with equipment do?

Never underestimate the impact of someone willing to calmly take charge of a scene. That alone is doing much more to help than just walking away because of a lack of interventions.

All we know about her is what the media has told us... We have no idea, what she may or may not have done in the past.

All we know for sure is, she had a severe asthma attack, to which she succumbed.

From CNN (http://www.jems.com/article/news/no-link-found-waitress-and-fdn?utm_source=Go+Forward+Media+eMail%2C+Powered+by+Bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=No+Link+Found+in+Waitress+and+FDNY+EMT+Deaths&utm_content=RCBTHEEMT%40AOL.COM&utm_campaign=JEMS+eNews+07-20-10)

MEGAN MILLER, CNN | Tuesday, July 20, 2010

NEW YORK - New York police said Monday that there is no connection between the death of EMT worker Jason Green on Sunday and the December death of waitress Eutisha Rennix.

"We have never suspected a connection there, then or now," said New York City Police Department spokesman Paul Browne, adding that "we've found no connection and no relationship between the two deaths."

Green was shot and killed Sunday morning outside of a downtown Manhattan nightclub, police said.

The police would not comment initially on whether Green's death was in any way connected to the death of Rennix, who collapsed while working at an Au Bon Pain cafe in Brooklyn on December 9, and later died at Long Island College Hospital.

Rennix's co-workers said Green and another EMT were in the cafe at the time of her collapse, but reportedly left after telling Rennix's co-workers to call 911.

Rennix's mother, Cynthia Rennix, said she was told that her daughter's co-workers tried to get the two EMTs to help, but they refused, according to CNN affiliate NY1.

Cynthia Rennix said that she had never met Jason Green and that her family had nothing to do with his death.

"As a mother, I know what it feels like to lose a child," said Rennix, adding "we have nothing to say except to send our condolences" to Green's family.

Browne said the investigation into Green's death is ongoing and that they would release surveillance footage later Monday that shows possible suspects driving away from the scene.

"We believe the surveillance shows the assailant. We weren't able to get a video of the car," Browne said adding that the assailant had sped away in a BMW with two other men.

Robert Ungar, a spokesman for the Uniformed EMTS and Paramedics with the New York City Fire Department, said that the organization was awaiting the outcome of the police investigation.

"We're hopeful that the police will complete their apprehension," Ungar said.

Please, don't take my comment negatively, was an answer to a question. I wouldn't want to assume anything about anyone.

The comments on Yahoo news are disgusting. Here we have a man that decided to dedicate his career to helping others (we all know how much EMTs and dispatchers get paid) and when he is shot and killed the public chalks it up to "karma" or "that monkey deserves it". The internet really brings out the inner racism and ignorance of the general public.

We better all behave ourselves lest we want to be tried and sentenced in the court of public opinion with the help of youtube and camera phones.

I believe he had an ambulance sitting outside the shop where she suffered the asthma attack. Ambulances have oxygen. I wonder what he could have done to help her. 15lpm non rebreather could have given her time to get the medics there with the meds.

Your argument is absurd.

Now if he was without an ambulance there then that's a different story but I believe he was on a coffee break and he did have his partner there with him so one can assume that there was also an ambulance.

Interesting.

So what did the woman who died do to deserve the death *she* suffered?

Actually I don't think she probably did anything to deserve her death.

What I was commenting on is that this crew had the means to help her, they were on their coffee break and they refused to help her.

That does not justify the ends to this guys life whatsoever.

If Karma was truly in play here, then he would have been shot and another EMS Crew on scene would have said "I can't help you, I'm on break, let's wait for another ambulance"

But seriously, this is a terrible situation. Tragic on all ends.

The question I have is why is there a police car outside the female partners house like mentioned in one of the articles? Did they get death threats?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.