Jason Green, EMT

One could always sit with the patient, calm, reassure, and give the stare of life...while waiting for the ambulance that they didn't have, to arrive. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

They were EMT/DISPATCHERS who were on break from the dispatch room in the same building/right next to it. They called for help.

One could always sit with the patient, calm, reassure, and give the stare of life...while waiting for the ambulance that they didn't have, to arrive. Just sayin'.

OK, they were either call takers or dispatchers, but both were, prior to that, EMTs. The question was, and still being investigated is, did they, as EMTs, even without equipment, withhold treatment, even if treatment was the "stare of life", and some calming by hand holding.

NYPD did state they initially had an RMP (Radio Motor Patrol, as in 2 LEOs in a marked Police vehicle) sitting in front of the surviving EMTs house, but when they came to the conclusion that EMT Green's shooting was not connected with the Au Bon Pain case, the RMP was ordered back on patrol.

OK, they were either call takers or dispatchers, but both were, prior to that, EMTs. The question was, and still being investigated is, did they, as EMTs, even without equipment, withhold treatment, even if treatment was the "stare of life", and some calming by hand holding.

NYPD did state they initially had an RMP (Radio Motor Patrol, as in 2 LEOs in a marked Police vehicle) sitting in front of the surviving EMTs house, but when they came to the conclusion that EMT Green's shooting was not connected with the Au Bon Pain case, the RMP was ordered back on patrol.

I stand duly corrected.

so no, I can't imagine that they could have done anything other than hold this ladies hand until EMS arrived. I would not have left but we all know that even the best paramedic with nothing in his hands or equipment per se can do anything to help an asthma patient until oxygen and other equipment could get there.

No ambulance Ruff.

They were EMT/DISPATCHERS who were on break from the dispatch room in the same building/right next to it. They called for help.

So makes me wonder if the reason why he left was to alert dispatch about the patient?

I stand duly corrected.

so no, I can't imagine that they could have done anything other than hold this ladies hand until EMS arrived. I would not have left but we all know that even the best paramedic with nothing in his hands or equipment per se can do anything to help an asthma patient until oxygen and other equipment could get there.

So makes me wonder if the reason why he left was to alert dispatch about the patient?

ONe final thought, when was the last time that he ran a call? When was the last time when his partner ran a call. If you are off the street for an extended period of time, I can see where he would have thought about leaving. Not much to do for her. I guess he could have offered her his coffee and bagel!!!

I believe he had an ambulance sitting outside the shop where she suffered the asthma attack. Ambulances have oxygen. I wonder what he could have done to help her. 15lpm non rebreather could have given her time to get the medics there with the meds.

Your argument is absurd.

Now if he was without an ambulance there then that's a different story but I believe he was on a coffee break and he did have his partner there with him so one can assume that there was also an ambulance.

Seriously?? Did you even bother to research the facts in the case before posting?

He did not have an ambulance, he was not a field employee, and was on break.

Seriously?? Did you even bother to research the facts in the case before posting?

Seriously?????? Did you not read the other posts before attacking? Ruff already was given that info and even replied.

Thanks for the continued kick in the pants daedalus.

But seriously, where in the original posters post did it say the guy was a dispatcher? It didn't.

ONe can assume and that is where we all get into trouble here, one can assume that if he's an emt and on his break that there was an ambulance somewhere near him. The articles did not state he was not working on the ambulance.

In fact the articles don't really go much into detail about the previous problems he had, just that he was the emt who walked away from a sick lady and told them to call 911.

To me, if you are in uniform and you don't do anything to help or assist someone who is 10 feet or so from you and you walk away after telling others to call 911 which I think that is the way this went down then I am ashamed for you. You said in your post that you would have done the same. I'm sorry but that's not a good attitude to have.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.