Braun Ambulances v. Wheeled Coach Ambulances  

35 members have voted

1. 1.

• Braun
    • Wheeled Coach
    • Both
    • Don't Know

Geez Shookwell, tell us how you really feel about Wheeled coach! LMAO

• I have been to NYC several times and i would have thought you'd need a Hummer just to drive on those excellent examples of NY engineering LOL

• 4 months later...

Braun vs. Wheeled Coach

Braun's the Best in my opinion. Back in the early 80's my squad that I rode with bought their first type III. It replaced the best ambulance on the market @ that time which were Cadillacs. My first ambulance call was in a 1974 Superior Cadillac. It was a wonderful ambulance at the time. Then my squad bought a 1976 Miller-Meteor Cadillac. Again a Great Vehicle. Then the Gov't came out with the KKK specs and that "killed" the cadillacs. Anyway the first "box" we purchased was a type III Wheeled Coach on a Ford Cab. Piece of "Crap" from the beginning. We then bought a Type II that was a Braun and because of all the problems w/the wheeled Coach my squad from that point on until this year continued to buy Brauns. They just purchased a Road Rescue, but since aI don't ride there anymore can't give my opinion. But a Braun is trully the best in my opinion.

I would have to go with Braun. I have worked in both, and Braun is by far the best.

Up here in the Northeast, service is easy to find for Braun. I personally know 2 different Braun dealers, and trust their product, and them. Always available when you need them.

A squad near here just bought 2 new Brauns, with the sliding door, NICE! The trucks are very sharp, with the LED light package and the underneath lighting. pimped out.

The salesman even was proud of them, he works with me in our all AEV fleet.

• 4 months later...

It's rather funny. We own one Wheeled Coach (2005 model), and it runs worse than our oldest running ambulance (1997 O'Sage). If I have a say in the next vehicle we buy and subsequent vehicles, they will ABSOLUTELY not be Wheeled Coaches.

If you want a quality ambulance without the high price of a braun try out a Medtech or a PL custom. Both are well built with a lot of thought put into how they will be used in the street. Our 1995 Medtech is going strong with minimal repair issues or electrical gremlins found in many other manufacturers trucks. Our next purchase this year will likely be a PL Custom due to the local sealer availability. Another quality truck is Demers out of Canada.

I love our Brauns, good quality considering we run the crap out of them. As for Medtech, we had two '95's and got rid of them in '96 because of very poor quality, the drawers were flimsy and the ride was even worse. They were great for turning a patient into a pin cushion while trying to start IV's.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.