Paramedic and Patient

Richard B the EMT

What a GREAT story.

On my first day of my first job as a medic, the first call was an MVC...truck vs. school bus with 17 children on board of all ages. At the end of the call, as the majority of the children were being moved to another bus, a 6 year old boy told me, "When I grow up, I want to be a paramedic!" The 5 year old girl next to him stated, "When I grow up, I want to be a paraNedic, too!"

Wouldn't that be cool, in years to come, if I could see that come to fruition?

Thanks again for the clip.

Years ago, my Father(RIP) was at a garage near our home which is next to a river, he was talking with the owner and a Policeman when they heard a commotion from the direction of the river. A young boy had fallen in and his sister was calling for help. The policeman and my Father went to help and my Father ended up saving the boy and having to assist the policeman from the River. Years later Dad was invited to the boy's 21st as guest of honour.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.