It is with regret, We announce the passing of EMT-B Kelvin Buggs.

My information is skimpy at this time, but it appears while off duty, he tried breaking up a fight, and got stabbed to death. As of this posting, the NYPD has not yet made an arrest.

I will post more when I have further information.

So sorry to hear it. A MSP Off Duty trooper was shot to death by a violent customer at a restaurant. Bad stuff always happens to the good people in this world.

My condolences to the family and your department.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/heroic_emt_slain_in_klyn_yW4NCiJ8XYMDiZLdNdwERI

</h1>

<h1>Heroic EMT slain in B'klyn

By JOE WALKER, GINGER ADAMS OTIS and KIRSTEN FLEMING

Last Updated: 7:28 AM, July 4, 2010

He never backed down from a call for help.

An off-duty FDNY paramedic was senselessly stabbed to death early yesterday while trying to break up a fight in Brooklyn, Fire Department sources said.

"He was a hero. That's the only word for him," said his heartbroken uncle Charles Potts.

Kelvin Buggs, 21, had been partying earlier in the night when a quarrel broke out, sources said.

Buggs stepped in to defuse the situation before leaving the gathering with friends, sources said.

Then, as the EMT walked down Fulton Street in East New York at around 3 a.m., he and his friends saw another fight brewing, sources said.

018_kelvin_buggs--300x300.jpg KELVIN BUGGS

Stabbed breaking up fight.

He once again tried to break up the scuffle, but one of the thugs plunged a knife in his shoulder and neck, sources said. It's unclear if Buggs knew his attacker, and there have been no arrests. Buggs worked for the Fire Department since last July and was assigned to Battalion 57 in Bedford-Stuyvesant. He moonlighted as an EMT for a private company to provide for his 2-year-old daughter, Kyla, his grieving family said.

Colleagues gathered at the Battalion 57 station house yesterday to honor their fallen brother.

"He only had a year on the job, but he was loved," said a fellow EMT. "He's going to be greatly missed here."

From NY 1 TV

http://www.ny1.com/c...es/?ArID=121557

Police Investigate Stabbing Death Of Off-Duty EMS Worker

By: NY1 News

solaonfiestabc3e43c0-3404-4ef8-a54a-698c21287fbe.jpg

Police are still trying to figure out who stabbed an off-duty EMS worker to death in Brooklyn yesterday and what may have led up to the killing.Investigators say Kelvin Buggs, 20, was stabbed in the neck and shoulder early Saturday morning outside a party on Fulton Street in Cypress Hills.

He was pronounced dead at Brookdale University Medical Center.

"I think it's crazy, people party to have a nice time. For a person to wild out drinking, get into an argument and end up stabbing somebody, it's crazy," said one area resident.

"I'm shocked. I'm very shocked. Something had to happen for it to escalate that bad because it doesn't happen around here," said another.

Witnesses say there was a fight outside the party.

Anyone with information about the case is being asked to contact Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-577-TIPS, by texting TIP577 to CRIMES, or by going to NYPDCrimeStoppers.com.

(Sorry, the video only works if you go through the link.)

Very sad!

Condolences to family, friends and coworkers.

Again, the solving an argument with a weapon rears it's ugly head.

Never break up a fight, no matter if you are bigger than the two dudes fighting. Just call the cops.

What was to gain for stopping this fight? We all know what there was to lose.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.