Just a question

CBC

How many of you knew that the National EMS Memorial Service was held yesterday, in Colorado Springs and was available to view online?

What is your view of it being held in Colorado Springs and not in D.C.?

If you did see it, what do you think of the facilities?

Have you ever participated?

• Like 1

To answer your inquiry:

1. I didn't know it was held yesterday.

2. Didn't know you could watch it online.

3. Why would D.C be any more appropriate than Colorado Springs?

4. I didn't see it.

5. I have never participated.

FireMedicChick164

How many of you knew that the National EMS Memorial Service was held yesterday, in Colorado Springs and was available to view online?

My answers in Bold Italics.

Didn't hear anything prior.

D C preferred, but not mandatory.

Again, didn't even know about it until this string.

No.

I have my own question: As it was presented on line, is it still available for viewing, or was it a "live only" "stream?"

Our regional office put out an email with the info about the online viewing, which came from the Commonwealth EMS Bureau. It was very touching. After having a Fire Dept. LODD, it is very hard keeping dry eyes b/c you just don't realize how much these folks mean, till they're gone, suddenly. I'm sure it will turn up online somewhere, perhaps check on the JEMS Website, or National EMS Memorial

I have my own question: As it was presented on line, is it still available for viewing, or was it a "live only" "stream?"

Unfortunately, I now can answer my own question. The event was a one time live streaming event.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

Sorry about not getting back soon enough as "Duty Called" (AND CALLED, AND CALLED AND CALLED) today.

Anyhow it was a one time event but was very moving. Unfortunately, IMHO it should be in D.C. as there is a memorial for P.D. and for F.D.

The Memorial has been held in Roanoke VA due to the theory that EMS was was started there by the First Aid Rescue Squad, The City of Pittsburgh EMS Honor Guard pretty much leads the event (Jack Glass) but the system is lead by a group of EMS Providers from across the country.

I had the Opportunity to be a member of the countrywide Honor Guard last year but due to financial and work conflicts I could not travel to Colorado Springs.

The thing that I find strange is that EMT City is a sponsor of the "Muddy Angels" as is JEMS Magazine. However both groups collections go to the EMS MEMORIAL SERVICE.

So why don't we hear about it?

Those moments of silence that you hear about over the dispatch centers usually coincide with the EMS Memorial service.

Watch this website for details next year...

http://www.nemsms.org/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.