You Ozzys have weird TV ie SEA Patrol

spenac

I've stated before, and probably will again, anyone who doesn't speak your language the same way as you and your parents has an accent. As for the 10 or so minutes I watched of the show, it just seems to be the usual of females in command positions in the military, in areas previously male only. This could be any nation's Coast Guard patrol vessel.

It is the Royal Australian Navy

... and shut up, Lisa McCune is hot! :D

Yeah, was hotter in blue heelers though! ;)

This is lol funny. What is that weird language? :thumbsup:

Actually I wonder does US TV seem so weird to you guys?

Yep, and i find it very hard to understand some american accents

• Like 1

I'm an American, and I sometimes have difficulty listening in through some regional American accents.

Also no offense intended in misidentifying a Navy vessel as a Coast Guard vessel. A ship design is a ship design, just the operating authorities may be different.

Prior to September 11, 2001, while maintaining their own identity, the US Coast Guard would, in times of war, become an operational part of the US Naval Fleet.

Oh, I just remembered, a then 30 something year old 95 foot harbor patrol vessel of the USCG, the Cape Strate (spelling?) was sold to the Argentine Navy. It was berthed at the USCG "Station Rockaway", at the south end of the Marine Parkway/Gil Hodges memorial Bridge, roughly 2 miles to my west. She may have seen action in the Falkland Islands conflict of a few decades ago.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

You should try to have a conversation with an Appalachian American. They have a dialect and culture all to their own, it can be both frightening and entertaining.

I'm an American, and I sometimes have difficulty listening in through some regional American accents.

Also no offense intended in misidentifying a Navy vessel as a Coast Guard vessel. A ship design is a ship design, just the operating authorities may be different.

Prior to September 11, 2001, while maintaining their own identity, the US Coast Guard would, in times of war, become an operational part of the US Naval Fleet.

Oh, I just remembered, a then 30 something year old 95 foot harbor patrol vessel of the USCG, the Cape Strate (spelling?) was sold to the Argentine Navy. It was berthed at the USCG "Station Rockaway", at the south end of the Marine Parkway/Gil Hodges memorial Bridge, roughly 2 miles to my west. She may have seen action in the Falkland Islands conflict of a few decades ago.

No offense dude, fact is we don't have a coast guard, its all done by the navy here - its whats called a "boutique defence force"

linguistic experience

The other Monday night I endured 10mins of an American TV series called ‘Trauma’. I can’t believe they broadcast such rubbish! No wonder it’s on late night TV lol…

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.