New Titles in Sask

Howdy,

The titles of PCP, ICP, and ACP have now been written into the Paramedic Act in Saskatchewan. Although the old titles will still be used for licensing, we can now all use the title of Paramedic, identifying the level of our training with the Primary, Intermediate and Advanced care titles.

SCoP News Release

If you do that how are you going to address the what, ONE province who uses an Intermediate level of Paramedic? Or do you support only having PCPs and ACPs?

We have Technician (analouge to PCP except one or two drugs like ondansetron), Paramedic (half an ACP) and Intensive Care Paramedic (ACP and half a CCP for those who have RSI and thrombolysis).

Somehow Mobey I knew you would be the first person to reply to this.

There is no longer any training for the ICP level in Saskatchewan as SIAST has dropped the program. No where near as many people were taking the program since they dropped the ICP requirement for admission to the ACP program, so we may soon be rid of the non CMA recognized title (and some zero to heroish types)

License still says EMT but I can at least now use the title on my certificate.

• 4 weeks later...

In the slightly paraphrased words of the now rather dead (and fictitious) Juliet - What's in a name? A medic by any other name is still a medic - it's just his scope of practice that has changed.

There's talk (in SK) of eventually upgrading the PCP to the current ICP level and ditching the ICP title completely. Time will tell.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.