Come Meet Nina . . .

NickD

First off I have to blast a cosmic thanks into the ether to all my partners who put up with my motorcycle magazines and parts catalogs strewn all over the rig.

I spent the last 18 months during my off time building myself a custom Harley. No, it's not a mid-life crisis, or watching too many of those chopper shows, I've always been a biker since the 1970s and I've always had a bike. But never one I built from the frame up.

So after lot's of extra shifts to gather the funds, and coming home after work and picking up a wrench instead of some sleep her she is. I had to go easy on her the first time out as it's a fresh motor and not broke in yet, but I'm a happy boy . . .

(Pronounced 9ina.)

:)

I've seen my share of auto vs motorcycle on the job. And when the opportunity presents itself I always tell the cop on scene, "I didn't see the motorcycle is no excuse." They are doing a better job, at least in So Cal, with motorcycle PSAs. But here's some good ones from the Continent and Oz (and more like the type we should be airing on TV here.)

Pay Attention!

While not being a big fan of the full blown raked out choppers, the bike looks good!

I had a Kawasaki Voyager XII until November '09, when some chucklehead in a minivan decided to try to beat me across an intersection (I had the right of way). Motorcycle vs the side of a minivan yeilds some very 'ungraceful' flying lessons! His 'excuse'? "I didn't see the motorcycle! Too bad the witness that was behind him said that I was "clearly visible, and there was no reason the van should have pulled out in front of him.".

I went from this:

100_1424.jpg

to this:

But as you can see here, I had lots of fun:

Just for the record: I had a full face helmet on the night of the wreck. I NEVER ride without one!

I think I have gotten respect from even Hells Angels, when I tell them I work EMS. I always follow it up with telling them that too many bikers are being hit, injured, or killed, by inattentive drivers in cars, vans, and truck, with no regard for "weekend warrior", independent, club, or even "Gang" bike member status.

For those of y'all that don't ride....here's something to think about:

Maybe this will answer the ever popular question, "Why do you ride?":

Just like a woman, I figured you had a baby. I open it up to find you had a motorcycle instead.

It's amazing how different men and women are. :D

I'm not a bike kind of gal, but it looks like fun.

First off I have to blast a cosmic thanks into the ether to all my partners who put up with my motorcycle magazines and parts catalogs strewn all over the rig.

I spent the last 18 months during my off time building myself a custom Harley. No, it's not a mid-life crisis, or watching too many of those chopper shows, I've always been a biker since the 1970s and I've always had a bike. But never one I built from the frame up.

So after lot's of extra shifts to gather the funds, and coming home after work and picking up a wrench instead of some sleep her she is. I had to go easy on her the first time out as it's a fresh motor and not broke in yet, but I'm a happy boy . . .

(Pronounced 9ina.)

That is a sexy bitch...... Very very nice