• 1 month later...

First off, congratulations on passing your test!

Now, I've got a question and I'm completely at a loss for an answer.....

In all the postings about taking the test, the most repeated statement is "Don't sweat what number the test stops on!", yet in almost every post, the test taker either posts which number their test stopped on, or they start worrying about whether or not they passed based on that number.

Isn't anyone reading these posts completely? Why is the 'magic number' so important?

When I took the EMT-I (I/85) NREMT test in Feb, I couldn't tell you what number the test stopped on if you held a gun to my head and threatened to shoot me if I didn't tell how many questions I answered.

Why do we sweat that dreaded 'last question number' if we KNOW that it's not really relevant in the grand scheme of things?

How many examples do we really need to be shown how insignificant this number really is before we realize that we're stressing ourselves out over it for nothing?

:confused::iiam::bonk::pc:

• 3 months later...

First off, congratulations on passing your test!

Now, I've got a question and I'm completely at a loss for an answer.....

In all the postings about taking the test, the most repeated statement is "Don't sweat what number the test stops on!", yet in almost every post, the test taker either posts which number their test stopped on, or they start worrying about whether or not they passed based on that number.

Isn't anyone reading these posts completely? Why is the 'magic number' so important?

When I took the EMT-I (I/85) NREMT test in Feb, I couldn't tell you what number the test stopped on if you held a gun to my head and threatened to shoot me if I didn't tell how many questions I answered.

Why do we sweat that dreaded 'last question number' if we KNOW that it's not really relevant in the grand scheme of things?

How many examples do we really need to be shown how insignificant this number really is before we realize that we're stressing ourselves out over it for nothing?

:confused::iiam::bonk::pc:

Congrats, I have had the chance on two occasions to take the CBT NREMT exam. The first time was very scary and I thought very difficult for my NREMT-I/85 exam. about 3 years ago I took my NREMT-P exam and answered 90 questions...I know people say the number doesn't matter, my instructor retook his NREMT-P exam and answered 88 questions, I needed to see if I out did him. Only missed him by 2 questions...Either way you passed!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.