AMR contracts with Manchester NH?

I am hearing rumors that Rockingham Ambulance is being replaced with AMR.

Rockingham Ambulance has been in Manchester, NH for 17 years.

Anyone have the scoop on this?

I just applied with them and am waiting to hear back from the on when I can go to Natick to take the AMR test. According to the email they sent me that are taking over 911 serivce in Manchester NH on Jan 1 at 1200. They are hireing every thing from B to P and seem rather eager to get a pool of applicants going.

The scuttlebut is that AMR will charge more then Rockingham and not be a local company like Rockingham. A couple of groups on Facebook have poped up to keep Rockingham in Manchester and claiming questionable things. Some have said AMR paid alot of money to take the service over from Rockingham compaired to what Rocakingham pays for the contract so They must of promised the city alot of stuff. AMR has been in the local area for years and they have alot of tallented people working for them.

With some luck I hope I can work for them.

I just applied with them and am waiting to hear back from the on when I can go to Natick to take the AMR test. According to the email they sent me that are taking over 911 serivce in Manchester NH on Jan 1 at 1200. They are hireing every thing from B to P and seem rather eager to get a pool of applicants going.

The scuttlebut is that AMR will charge more then Rockingham and not be a local company like Rockingham. A couple of groups on Facebook have poped up to keep Rockingham in Manchester and claiming questionable things. Some have said AMR paid alot of money to take the service over from Rockingham compaired to what Rocakingham pays for the contract so They must of promised the city alot of stuff. AMR has been in the local area for years and they have alot of tallented people working for them.

With some luck I hope I can work for them.

Has to be the first positive thing I've seen anyone post about AMR.

Them buying out a small company does sound just like them though.

Has to be the first positive thing I've seen anyone post about AMR.

Them buying out a small company does sound just like them though.

Perhaps so but I keep an open mind till I find out other wise.

As for them buying out Rockingham that is NOT true they are only taking over 911 Serivce from them in the city of Manchester NH. They will still be around when AMR takes over in 2011.

Perhaps so but I keep an open mind till I find out other wise.

As for them buying out Rockingham that is NOT true they are only taking over 911 Serivce from them in the city of Manchester NH. They will still be around when AMR takes over in 2011.

So the service will continue on the private inter-facility and direct emergent call side? That's good, at least the people there will still have jobs.

Rockingham also has the 911 contract for the city of Nashua, NH and the Town of Candia, NH; So they will not be totally out of the 911 business. Rockingham also happens to be owned by St. Joseph's Hospital in Nashua, so they are far from a small local service. All in all i was rather surprised AMR took over the contract as they are not very active in NH anymore, however i think most people knew that some big change was coming in Manchester.

Rockingham also has the 911 contract for the city of Nashua, NH and the Town of Candia, NH; So they will not be totally out of the 911 business. Rockingham also happens to be owned by St. Joseph's Hospital in Nashua, so they are far from a small local service. All in all i was rather surprised AMR took over the contract as they are not very active in NH anymore, however i think most people knew that some big change was coming in Manchester.

Oh that's good, glad to hear it, show's what I get for sticking my nose where I have no clue.

• 9 months later...

No ones mentioned it yet, but the whole reason the city went with AMR over rock was that AMR was willing to pay about $100k or so more per year than rock. It was all about money, nothing else. I work for rock and i was at the alderman meeting. It was disgraceful. A few months have gone by and ive heard AMR took over 30 minutes to get to the mall for a 911 call. Wonder how the city likes their new provider...

No ones mentioned it yet, but the whole reason the city went with AMR over rock was that AMR was willing to pay about $100k or so more per year than rock. It was all about money, nothing else. I work for rock and i was at the alderman meeting. It was disgraceful. A few months have gone by and ive heard AMR took over 30 minutes to get to the mall for a 911 call. Wonder how the city likes their new provider...

Parts of my county would kill for a 30 minute response....

Every service has days it's overloaded, that's why contracts tend to be built on percentages. I'll bet if you look back over 17 years the previous provider has at least one 30 minute response. If it's happening consistently, then it's a whole different matter.

Getting out bid/taken over/consolidated is not disgraceful, it's reality, especially if money is tight for a city. Welcome to healthcare. Did Rockingham really have something better than AMR? If not then it's a hard sell keeping the incumbent there when more money come knocking.

Edited by usalsfyre

A few months have gone by and ive heard AMR took over 30 minutes to get to the mall for a 911 call. Wonder how the city likes their new provider...

Wow, uh, thanks for digging up this old thread to let us all know that you "heard" an ambulance was late to "a" (singular) call. Sour grapes much? :rolleyes2:

Edited by fiznat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.