The passing of one of our members

emtannie

Take care brother and my condolences to the family.

I challenge each of you to find a post which made you laugh, cry, think or feel and share it here and maybe explain what it meant to you at the time or even now. His family and friends will possibly see this and it is a nice gesture.

My deepest and most sincere condolences to Bill's family in their loss.

There were many times that he and I talked, and he was a great listener, knowledgeable and just a great guy that I feel honored to call 'friend'.

He and I had a running joke in chat about how he resembled a cross seection of Captain Kangaroo and Alan Hale, Jr. I used to jokingly call him Cap'n Gran'pa. He had an inate ability to say the right thing at the right time to bring a smile to your face. If you had a problem, he was always at the front of the line, ready to listen and offer whatever support he could.

He made it very clear that his family was the center of his life, and he loved telling me/us about his grandchildren.

My prayers are with his family in their time of sadness.

Brett

(Lone Star)

• Like 1

I spoke in video-voice chat with him on many occasions. I grew up in EMS, taught to value what senior providers had to offer. Which is why I consider myself a student for life. I don't think I'd be the provider I am today, if it weren't for folks like (Retread). I enjoyed our conversations very much. We may not ever meet each other, but each of us take away a little bond with the folks we get to know on here. I'll truly miss, Bill for his sense of humor, knowledge and advice.

US_flag_half_mast.gif

• Like 1

Oh Retread....

One of my most fond memories of Retread or Retired as I called him....I was in Mexico on my tour and I was sicker than a dog I mean it hurt to even think let alone laugh well retread came in and he was havin one of those flu's that did that to ya well....he started tellin a joke and before long we were both laughin so hard we couldt breath it hurt so bad and it was so bad that my host family came up to check on me and see if I was ok. Well I finally got over that and he got over his flu but no matter what we always shared a bond from that. We spoke of that time often and would always get a kick out of it. Retread I know your drivin that big caddylance in the sky but I hope oyu will always remember the joy that you brought us....

72413138.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FDBD7EF125D3DEB84C5109B81354D35C0D9BF273298443A5C7F06BF04B24B4128C

• Like 2

Condolences to Bill's family in their loss, and his friends as well.

Rest in Peace oh brother dear...

sympathy_2-1.gif

RIP Brother! Condolences to Bill's family. He was a good man.

I remember talking to Retred many times in chat. There were a couple of bad calls that I talked to him about either PM or video that he helped me put in perspective. He had a lot of knowledge and was willing to share with those who were willing to listen and learn. EMS lost a good man with Bill's passing.

• Like 1