The passing of one of our members

emtannie

I had spoken with Bill (Retread) a few weeks ago, and he said then he wasn't doing very well. He had CHF, and was on leave from work as his health was deteriorating.

My condolences and prayers to his family, and his many friends.

Obituary from http://www.pennlive.com/perry-county-times/index.ssf/2010/05/obituaries_-_27_may_2010.html

WILLIAM H. GRINDLE II

William H. “Bill” Grindle II, 65, of W. Main Street, New Bloomfield, died Tuesday, May 18, 2010 in Holy Spirit Hospital, Camp Hill.

He was born Sept. 1, 1944 in Elizabeth, N.J., to the late William H. Sr. and Marie Agnes (Flaherty) Grindle.

He was employed as a park ranger at Colonel Denning State Park, Newville, a retired teacher with the Harrisburg School District and a former deputy game protector; a Vietnam-era Army veteran; and a member of New Bloomfield Fire Company and Ambulance for many years.

Surviving are his wife, Diane (Pugliese) Grindle; four daughters, Meghan Weaver of Mt. Pleasant Mills, Jessica Grindle, at home, Marie Catherine Marquez of Turbotville and Angela Stoner of Duncannon; three grandchildren, Olivia Weaver, Jack Weaver and Aliyah Marquez; a brother, John R.; and a niece and nephew, Heather Grindle Platt and Scott Grindle.

Services were held May 23 in Boyer Funeral Home, New Bloomfield, with the Rev. James Gold officiating. Burial, with military honors by New Bloomfield VFW Post 7463, was in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville.

• Like 2

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of this great man.

Retread, as we knew him here, was a friend, confidant & mentor to many.

May he Rest in Peace

May God bless his soul.

Retread, we will miss you.

your friend & mate

Phil