The Emo Patient and You

Chief1C

does not give one the right to indiscrimatley use those shears in your pocket just because you find the way someone dresses silly.

I've laid out that your view is not the way it is, yet you continue on the tirade. Had my intentions been the way you assume, I'd deserve it. But it's a plain and simple misapprehension of motive.

It is a public forum, knock yourself out. Oh, and by the way, the product uses the word Silly in it's brand title, that's not my words. I'm sure you'll hear about them soon enough, they look like something a child will choke on.

I respect Wendy (ed) for her opinions and I value her knowledge, don't turn it against her. I caused a misunderstanding to occur, something that I apologize for, but won't lose any sleep over. Though, I find myself offended by another user, just slightly, I have thick skin.

I've laid out that your view is not the way it is, yet you continue on the tirade. Had my intentions been the way you assume, I'd deserve it. But it's a plain and simple misapprehension of motive.

It is a public forum, knock yourself out. Oh, and by the way, the product uses the word Silly in it's brand title, that's not my words. I'm sure you'll hear about them soon enough, they look like something a child will choke on.

I respect Wendy (ed) for her opinions and I value her knowledge, don't turn it against her. I caused a misunderstanding to occur, something that I apologize for, but won't lose any sleep over. Though, I find myself offended by another user, just slightly, I have thick skin.

Hey, I figured there was more to the story... just the way you put it out the first time didn't make sense to me, lol. As far as the person who says not to support me, free country, free forum. I own my opinions and put them out there, and sometimes I put my foot in my mouth. My opinion based on the lower amount of information stands- if you don't have medical need, don't do it. 4c6's story, with more flesh to it, is quite obviously one of medical need...

I also didn't know that "silly" was part of a brand name... haven't played with the emo kids for a while, not up on their latest gig. Sounded like a dig at their fashion, sorry 'bout that!

As far as armchair medic-ing... isn't that what the forum is FOR? Duh...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• Like 1

"How to piss off emo punks" was the subtitle you gave this thread. I do not see a misunderstanding.

• Like 1

Maybe I am off, but I did not take the original post too seriously since this is posted in "funny stuff" section. Ithink had people thought a little about where it was posted there may have been a few less people jumping on the OP. Just my $.02.

Sarge

Maybe I am off, but I did not take the original post too seriously since this is posted in "funny stuff" section. Ithink had people thought a little about where it was posted there may have been a few less people jumping on the OP. Just my $.02.

Sarge

I wrote out a post in response to the first initial post. It was a chastisement of those who do this indiscriminately just because they can.

The topic was I believe meant to convey a negative meaning yet when the explanation given later in the thread, I understood why you cut them off.

But seriously, If anyone out there does this just to piss off a certain type of patient, then they are showing why we sometimes deserve the disrespect of our peers.

LIke Lonestar said, why pull off the boots yet cut off the socks? More force to pull off the boots. But from what I hear about LoneStar's feet, I'm sure they didn't want to stain their gloves and their scissors are disposable you know.

My son has 3 of the "Cause" bracelets. He doesn't wear them to support the cause because they are actually non marked bracelets. I can pull them off in 2 seconds from his wrist. There is not any need to go after them with scissors unless like the OP said, they were impeding circulation based on bilat swelling. Cut em I say in that instance but I don't see any need to cut them otherwise.

I once had a critical motorcycle accident patient. WE cut all his clothes off, decomp'd his chest, femur frax both sides, critical head injury the works. I cut his Sturgis shirt off. He came back to the ambulance service after 6 months rehab and said 2 things.

1. Thanks for saving my life - if it wasn't for you I'd be dead. (good feeling)

2. I have a bill for a replacement shirt - he wanted a thousand dollars for the shirt because it was irreplaceable. He said he found a replacement shirt on the internet for 1000.00 and wanted us to pay for it. He got nothing because it was medically necessary to cut it. Had it not have been necessary I don't know what would have happened.

So the moral of the story here is this.

1. When you post an inflammatory title and then don't explain fully then expect some peoples ire to get up

2. Do not cut off stuff that you do not need to cut off.

3. I got to get back to work.

LIke Lonestar said, why pull off the boots yet cut off the socks? More force to pull off the boots. But from what I hear about LoneStar's feet, I'm sure they didn't want to stain their gloves and their scissors are disposable you know.

Ruffles,

I've only got two things to say:

1. Just because my socks can get up and walk to the laundry on their own, there's no need to be hating! (ROFLMAO) :wtf2::lol::o:rofl:

2. While gloves are actually cheaper than the trauma shears, I guess they didn't relish the idea of having the gloves disolve while their hands were in them..... (ROFLMAO again) :warning::blink::wtf::lol:

Ruffles,

I've only got two things to say:

1. Just because my socks can get up and walk to the laundry on their own, there's no need to be hating! (ROFLMAO) :wtf2::lol::o:rofl:

2. While gloves are actually cheaper than the trauma shears, I guess they didn't relish the idea of having the gloves disolve while their hands were in them..... (ROFLMAO again) :warning::blink::wtf::lol:

Your socks have tended to try to take over the world at times. Their newest scheme is to steal the Moon.

The socks you have have been known to disolve holes in 3 inch thick steel. can you imagine the smell of those socks.

When Lonestar is driving his motorcycle without his boots, Birds drop from the sky, planes crash and clouds produce rain to wash away the smell.

For once I am agreeeing with a firefighter. (SHOCK) Especially considering the original post sounds like somehting a firefighter would do.

I might be a fireman, but I am also a pt advocate.

• Like 2

Misunderstanding Alert.

I didn't say what was wrong with the patient, b/c that wasn't the purpose of my quip. I don't post when I cut a trauma victims clothes off.. There was swelling, bilaterally, they were stretched so tight I just barely got the tip of the pen cap/pocket doo hickey under them. I cut them so as to restore color and use to the hands. I was just sharing my story of how I coined battle scared silly bandz. They're annoying. If the patient already had them on "tightly" b/c of arm size, consider what will happen if the extremities swell. Thanks for assuming I hate the patient b/c the patient wears black.

Thanks for making me feel bad, I should have said that I cut them off b/c it was medically necessary. But since it's a big fad now, I thought I'd share my first experience with silly bandz. They stretch, but not enough, dozens of tiny tourniquets.. I've been an EMT for eleven years, paid and volunteer. Never had one complaint from a patient. I have my own way to go about things, I'm big on the statement in our protocols that allow to form them for the best care of the patient. I like to be able to go home and ask myself if I did the right things, and I did that best I could. The same protocols, b/c they aren't shaped for rural EMS, ended my week badly. They didn't allow me to save my patient, b/c of a technicality.. I thought this was a funny story, not too often can you get a funny bit out of a horrible situation. They don't teach how you talk to someone who doesn't want to see tomorrow. Nowhere does it say that I didn't like the patient. The pt., lacked appreciation of life, per se. I tried to pull them off, got one of those cause bands off. But the others were screamin', said I'll buy ya new ones kid, but they're coming off. I do that sometimes, if someone says it's my only good pair or.. or my only good.. I feel guilty and offer, once I obliged. I got called stuff that would make a preacher faint. The pt. was pissed, but when I told the pt. what (the pt) could do with them now, well that was funny, and it opened a rapport, more info was spilled out, and that was that. But nobody wants to hear about that.

Chris I have to say I started to write a post about cutting things nt needing to be cut but after I read your explanation I have to say I am sorry for jumping to conclusions anyway I am all for cutting if its necessary.

Your a real winner...........and to support wendy....please.... :thumbsdown:

And I am sorry but who are you and how do you get off putting down Wendy, Almost every post wendy has very valid points very rarely to you see people putting her down. Her post was appropriate prior to a gross misunderstanding by many people being cleared up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.