US ARMY COMBAT MEDIC

But, of course, then we have to feed, care for, educate, entertain, et al.. them for x period of time. Vs. the cost of a casket.

well... who said they get the same treatment as everyone else? tiny cell that they are confined to for 23/hrs a day. the other 2 they are allowed to walk down a highly secured hallway. they are fed ramen noodles and bread. showering is done via sprinkler system in the cells.

Someone in, or recently out of, the US Military please answer this one:

I am under the impression that a member of the US Military, if convicted, in a Judge Advocate General Court Marshal court, of Rape, could be subject to Execution. Is this the case, or was this the case, or am I getting my "Education" from some Hollywood movie I probably saw many years ago, if only on this subject?

In short NO the military does not do that sort of thing any more. The only thing the military can put you to death for is for abandonment of a "duty" or post without permission in a time of war. But they dont do it since well shoting people does crap for moral even in a time of war.

well... who said they get the same treatment as everyone else? tiny cell that they are confined to for 23/hrs a day. the other 2 they are allowed to walk down a highly secured hallway. they are fed ramen noodles and bread. showering is done via sprinkler system in the cells.

Where? Jails around here, (we also don't have one of those), still offer 3 hots and a cot.

In short NO the military does not do that sort of thing any more. The only thing the military can put you to death for is for abandonment of a "duty" or post without permission in a time of war. But they dont do it since well shoting people does crap for moral even in a time of war.

That is incorrecct. Death is still a suitable punishment in the military for certain offenses. Murder, Rape etc. However, like most states that have the death penalty, it is extremely hard to get that point without further contoversy. Although it is an option, the more realistic scenario would be that the offender would get life on prison.

Also, just as an added bonus. In the "Manual of Courts-Martial" (UCMJ), death is not only a punishment, it is also listed under type of discharge.......

That is incorrecct. Death is still a suitable punishment in the military for certain offenses. Murder, Rape etc. However, like most states that have the death penalty, it is extremely hard to get that point without further contoversy. Although it is an option, the more realistic scenario would be that the offender would get life on prison.

Also, just as an added bonus. In the "Manual of Courts-Martial" (UCMJ), death is not only a punishment, it is also listed under type of discharge.......

The military in this day and age does not put any one to death due to the political backlash of say puting someone to death for a crime commited.

The UCMJ is full of very odd and out dated laws and rules that were writen in a far diffrent time then today, Its one of the most intresting set of laws in the free world if you ask me. You can also be tried twice for the same crime so no double jeopardy protection.

The military in this day and age does not put any one to death due to the political backlash of say puting someone to death for a crime commited.

The UCMJ is full of very odd and out dated laws and rules that were writen in a far diffrent time then today, Its one of the most intresting set of laws in the free world if you ask me. You can also be tried twice for the same crime so no double jeopardy protection.

Whether they do it or not is irrelevant as the option still exists, so your argument is moot. It IS punishable by death, short and sweet.

Someone set me straight on this: descendants of those who committed piracy or mutiny on English/British ships, even from the 17 and 1800s, might be subject to arrest for the old piracy/mutiny charges, if they were to find themselves on English/British soil, today?

Someone told me this, referencing one Tom Christian, of Pitcairn Island in the Pacific Ocean. Mr. Christian is a direct descendant of Fletcher Christian, a leader of the HMS Bounty mutiny. If the person who told me this is accurate, if Tom were to visit England, the authorities could seize him, and the courts try him for the crimes of his forebear (spelling?), "as admiralty laws dictate"?.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.