Alberta College of Paramedics AGM

Hey thrutheashes, if you could pm me about the financial statement, I'd like to see a copy of it as well.

The fact that they wont release any financial statements other than at the AGM is complete rubbish. It seems like an excuse for them to avoid accountability. It is hard to go over an entire document while sitting at the meeting, then have to formulate solid, probing questions in the few mintues to hours while other college business is taking place. If they were truly interested in tranparency, they would release the documents for review prior to the meeting.

Does the document make any mention of the total dollar fiqure spent on the CBT boondoggle specifically?

Ok, after my little rant, I noticed that ACP has, in fact, posted the financials on their website.

Your rant is still justified.... last year when I wanted to see the financials, I was informed that the only way I could get them was if I had attended the AGM.... Enough people must have complained that this year they are finally posting them.

With all of the questions that the members have, I don't think you have to feel badly about your rant.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey.... I know I may get slaughtered for saying this...but... the ACP could be a lot worse...

I've been maintaining dual between AB/SK and the SK college of paramedics takes the cake for being a PITA to deal with. Along with fees... 1st year they were in, fees were $165... Second year, $425, next year, $475.

I guess I am a bit biased though, the ACP did something really good for me a couple of years back, had my wallet stolen in West Ed mall, it got dumped, somebody saw my ACP id, called them to get my address, since they wouldn't give it out, they put me in contact with the person and I got it back.

But beyond that, its been a money pit ;) The last 4 years I've just sent them the money and let things be. Maybe if I'm back in AB next year I'll pay attention.

• 2 weeks later...

...Having recently wrote (and passed, woot!) ACP's paramedic exam I have to stay that it was a fair testing process. The written seemed to ask fair and straight forward questions, and the practical scenarios were not too difficult. There were not many of the obtuse and unanwerable questions that so many often complain of.

Now, of course I still have a huge beef with the cost of the exam, $750 still seems excessive to me. Additionally, some of the material left off the test was simply stunning to me; no questions on 12 lead ECG's at all, very few questions pertaining to ACS, and only a handful of pharmocology questions. Ironically, there were numerous questions, perhaps 10-15 on the application of NG tubes.

However, despite my numerous issues with ACP as a whole, I was quite pleased with the testing process.

Edited by HellsBells

well well well ... I just saw this thread and I know a friend who was there at the AGM ... I will see if I can get a "short version" from my long winded friend. (who states in passing that he will never get the time back that he wasted at the AGM)

later and more to follow (thats called foreshadowing I believe)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.