A huge thank you to those who stressed the importance of A&P

Lisa O

My class is over, I took my final on Tuesday. I worked my butt off in that class, and enjoyed every minute of it. I got my score today, and I passed the class with an A, and my score is 101%! I am so proud of what I did, and so thankful to those of you who pushed of the importance of this class. Reading things on here, hearing EMTs and Medics talk about patients, or scenarios used to be totally confusing to me. While most still is, I finally feel I have an better understanding as to why or how when it comes to the human body and treatments. I can not tell you how many times I read something, or during lecture that something would 'click' and made sense as far as illnesses or injuries etc. It makes me feel more confident knowing this will help me in my EMT class, and be a refresher for my medic classes.

I am enrolled for summer classes to take care of my math and English. I will have a 12 unit semester this fall, and will take my EMT class in January. With that class under me, I will only have 5 or so units to complete my Assoc. in Science to transfer over to CC SF when I can join the Paramedic program. I hope to pass the EMT class, become certified, work, and finish off the 5 remaining units. Then within the year, or as soon as the program opens up for enrollment in 2011, I can submit my packet, and hope to be one the ones chosen.

Again, THANK YOU. I could not be more grateful.

• Like 1

My class is over, I took my final on Tuesday. I worked my butt off in that class, and enjoyed every minute of it. I got my score today, and I passed the class with an A, and my score is 101%! I am so proud of what I did, and so thankful to those of you who pushed of the importance of this class. Reading things on here, hearing EMTs and Medics talk about patients, or scenarios used to be totally confusing to me. While most still is, I finally feel I have an better understanding as to why or how when it comes to the human body and treatments. I can not tell you how many times I read something, or during lecture that something would 'click' and made sense as far as illnesses or injuries etc. It makes me feel more confident knowing this will help me in my EMT class, and be a refresher for my medic classes.

I am enrolled for summer classes to take care of my math and English. I will have a 12 unit semester this fall, and will take my EMT class in January. With that class under me, I will only have 5 or so units to complete my Assoc. in Science to transfer over to CC SF when I can join the Paramedic program. I hope to pass the EMT class, become certified, work, and finish off the 5 remaining units. Then within the year, or as soon as the program opens up for enrollment in 2011, I can submit my packet, and hope to be one the ones chosen.

Again, THANK YOU. I could not be more grateful.

Congrats, Lisa and keep up the good work!

I'm so proud of you girl! Good for you for taking the hard road, but you will be so glad that you did...

Take a break now. Relax. Allow yourself a reward for your job well done now, so that you're rested and fired up when it's time to start again!

Good job.

Dwayne

Edited to correct a spelling error.

Edited by DwayneEMTP

Way to go Lisa!

A & P is possibly the most important course in your paramedic education! Keep up the good work. Take a break as our esteemed colleague Dwayne suggests and enjoy it. Then get right back to the books young lady! :book: