New Ambulace Standards...LED Lighting

What? The last florescent lighting sets I had seen were over 10 years ago, in surplus military ambulances that FDNY purchased for other than EMS usage, like the computer and radio repair service dudes and dudettes.

Ahhh, gotta love the dark continent. We are always about 10 years behind the rest of you guys :iiam:

When I started in this, all of our apparatus, including the ambulances, had rotating beacon lights. Be it single lights, or Twin-Sonic lights. The ambulance had four single rotators on each corner of the box, and two larger beacons on the roof. I always remember that b/c we had a run one night during a bad storm. Just as the door went up, the power went out. Well, the doors used to release when there was no power, so you could push them up by hand. It came back down about 2", just enough to scrape these four lights clean off the roof. The holes were covered with garbage bags and duct tape the remaining months we had it. Now everything has LED bars, with either flash patterns, or LED rotators. You can get standard lightbars converted to LED. I believe it was Michigan State Police that just had the old fashion lights converted to LED. But it would be a shame to do that to an old four way rotator.

When my old service swapped out there old Ford type 1's we got sprinter type 2's and they have full LED packages. They are great we even had our scene lights as LED's the cool white ones not the warm white of incandescent and they work they are very visible to oncoming traffic or people the only major draw back at least in my area is they tend to reel the drunks in a little bit.

Incandescent, LEDs, and I'm not sure of what else, except there are no florescents.

Who are you trying to kid here? We all know that the FDNY/EMS is still using candles in front of mirrors for lighting! :rofl::lol::D

Who are you trying to kid here? We all know that the FDNY/EMS is still using candles in front of mirrors for lighting!

Not the FDNY EMS, but perhaps a few FDNY "Reserve" engine and "truck" vehicles, older units kept as spares to temporarily cover line units taken out for preventative maintenance, or repairs. I still question where they keep the horses that pull them.

LOL

Not the FDNY EMS, but perhaps a few FDNY "Reserve" engine and "truck" vehicles, older units kept as spares to temporarily cover line units taken out for preventative maintenance, or repairs. I still question where they keep the horses that pull them.

LOL

They still use horses? I thought they had the probies pulling the old rigs :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.