So i take my nremt-b test tommrow

Depends on the book one reads, but I've seen anywhere from 60 to 80 plus 2 times the age in years for an average normal systolic in a pediatric.

tsk is right, he needs to study more (as per several conversations I've had with him). It's easy to recite the requirements for something from a book. It's knowing how to recognize abnormalities and what to do when you see them (as per your scope of practice) that takes a bit of thought.

Good luck on your test.

Can I have this notarized? Not often I get told I'm right! haha

Mario,

It does appear that you do need to study more. I agree with Siff, that in several conversations with you in chat, the depth of your knowledge needs some work.

That having been said, you did comment that so far, only 8 of your classmates have passed the exam so far. There are bad programs, and bad instructors, and despite that, some students will still always excel. Even with a poor instructor, it is still up to the student to ensure that all the material is getting covered, and that you understand the material. EMS classes are not spoon-fed classes. There is a lot of homework, and outside research to be done.

As Siff said, it is easy to recite from a book. Knowing the WHY of things is the hard part, and I suspect that is the part that you have difficulty with. If you know why certain things happen (for example, knowing what vital signs are when a person is in shock is not as useful as knowing WHY those vital signs are what they are) it will be much easier for you to be able to recognise these items in a question on an exam, in a scenario, or when you get to the street.

You failed your first NREMT attempt – it is not the end of the world. You have two choices. You can give up, or you can really put your mind to it, study hard, and try again. Write out your notes in detail. Work through your text, and ensure that if there are chapter objectives for each chapter, that you can answer all the objectives. If there are review questions in each chapter, do those. Take advantage of sites like www.emtb.com and use the reviews there.

Passing an EMS exam shouldn’t be easy… we carry a lot of responsibility. Do you want the person who barely passed their course to work on you or your family? Probably not. You want the one who excelled in their class – it is up to you to be that person – be the one who excels, and can give the best care to someone else’s family member.

• Like 4

Mario,

It does appear that you do need to study more. I agree with Siff, that in several conversations with you in chat, the depth of your knowledge needs some work.

That having been said, you did comment that so far, only 8 of your classmates have passed the exam so far. There are bad programs, and bad instructors, and despite that, some students will still always excel. Even with a poor instructor, it is still up to the student to ensure that all the material is getting covered, and that you understand the material. EMS classes are not spoon-fed classes. There is a lot of homework, and outside research to be done.

As Siff said, it is easy to recite from a book. Knowing the WHY of things is the hard part, and I suspect that is the part that you have difficulty with. If you know why certain things happen (for example, knowing what vital signs are when a person is in shock is not as useful as knowing WHY those vital signs are what they are) it will be much easier for you to be able to recognise these items in a question on an exam, in a scenario, or when you get to the street.

You failed your first NREMT attempt – it is not the end of the world. You have two choices. You can give up, or you can really put your mind to it, study hard, and try again. Write out your notes in detail. Work through your text, and ensure that if there are chapter objectives for each chapter, that you can answer all the objectives. If there are review questions in each chapter, do those. Take advantage of sites like www.emtb.com and use the reviews there.

Passing an EMS exam shouldn’t be easy… we carry a lot of responsibility. Do you want the person who barely passed their course to work on you or your family? Probably not. You want the one who excelled in their class – it is up to you to be that person – be the one who excels, and can give the best care to someone else’s family member.

quoted for emphasis

Mario,

+2 for you

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.