Incomplete training

Was this program full time Mon-Fri during reg school hrs?

Or was this a weekend/evening type program?

Were you expected to read required texts? if so, do those texts cover this highly technical skill? (i am assuming it is pericardiocentisis, cric airway, or something of that nature)?

just the fact you are not being open about this mystery skill, makes me think you may have no case.

The EMA Licencing Board disagreed.

Then why are you here whining about it? Be happy you won, go forth, multiply, and fill the earth. I still based on how you presented here disagree that the school failed you. And even if there was something lacking in the education program I can not see it being enough to warrant a refund or more. Sorry.

Paramedic training, as long as every other type of education comes from not only class room instruction, it comes from YOU. You have to read. You have to study. You have to go over material not in your book. You have to study the drugs. You have to study the protocols.

This isn't middle school. This is higher education. This is supposed to a profession. If you do not go the extra mile, you will not succeed. Instruction is only a small portion of your education. You are supposed to be learning to save peoples lives. You argument for when someone kicks the bucket in your care can't be "they didn't talk about that in class".

You also mentioned the school was shut down. You said it was shut down AFTER the completion of the course. The program ended, classes over. The school was closed forever. Now you want to get your money back because you failed? Please clarify.

Also, what is this super complicated protocol? I thought a protocol just stated what do to in certain situations? Anyway, what is it?

I kinda have to agree with the other posters here. Either 'fess up, tell us what the skill was and how they didn't prepare you for it, or your posts are pointless.

It is true that some people require more intense instruction as opposed to self-study, and this may be the case here, in which the instructor should have been accommodating this particular student's learning style. Without having the rest of the information, this is mere speculation...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I also concur with the general consensus of the team.

It’s your course, you either make it or break it. If you’re not happy with the university transfer to another… It’s adult education not high school.

Lifeguard: Did you know the item allegedly not taught was going to be an important part of the test given? If known in advance, is there any possibility you could have approached your "instructor/coordinator" (New York State terminology for an EMS instructor), and said, "we haven't gone over this item, and I believe we should", or gone over it with a student run study group?

Also, with the spelling I see you using, I am presuming you are in the UK, or a former UK country. Is this the case? I heard nothing of a strike anywhere in the US, so I ask.

(edit due to an accidental doubleposting)

Edited by Richard B the EMT

Lifeguard: Did you know the item allegedly not taught was going to be an important part of the test given? If known in advance, is there any possibility you could have approached your "instructor/coordinator" (New York State terminology for an EMS instructor), and said, "we haven't gone over this item, and I believe we should", or gone over it with a student run study group?

Also, with the spelling I see you using, I am presuming you are in the UK, or a former UK country. Is this the case? I heard nothing of a strike anywhere in the US, so I ask.

(edit due to an accidental doubleposting)

Just what is this mysterious protocol? Fess up.

I'm still waiting for someone to have the guts to place the blame squarely where it belongs: on the paramedic union. If it had not been for their selfish political wrangling, so many people would not have been left with insufficient educations.

... what do you hope to gain

Testimony in the upcoming lawsuit, based on the accumulated knowledge of those of us on this forum? Donno 'bout dat; we're highly divided on the topic, as all can read here already, prior to my posting this reply.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.