Incomplete training

One thing I can't stand is a student who fails to appropriately prepare for a practical skill and then places all blame with the threat of regulatory action on the instructor.

Please tell us EXACTLY the nature of this "highly technical" skill that you feel was not presented to you.

While you are at, please validate as to what part the strike played. I feel it to be completely irrelevant.

Maybe then we can adequately have enough information to answer you appropriately.

Incomplete training would result in public safety concerns. Concealing this is grossly negligent.

PCP Instructors have an obligation to exhibit exemplary behaviour in order to preserve the integrity of the industry. Paramedics is an important and learned profession. As members of this profession, PCP Instructors are expected to exhibit the highest standards of honesty and integrity. PCP Instructors have a direct and vital impact on the quality of life for all people. Accordingly, the services provided by PCP Instructors require honesty, impartiality, fairness, and equity, and must be dedicated to the protection of the public health, safety, and welfare. PCP Instructors must perform under a standard of professional behaviour that requires adherence to the highest principles of ethical conduct.

The Paramedic Academy owes a duty of care, and I believe has performed below this standard of care. Ordinary reasonable care is not the minimum for Paramedic Instructors. EMA Licencing and the Emergency and Health Services Act should have a process in place that requires PCP Instructors to report public safety issues immediately, and without undue delay. I am not convinced that the Act allows EMA Licencing to learn about these ignored public safety concerns. A process must be developed that would ensure these public safety issues are reported.

Yeah, nice rant. Again, you have FAILED to give any information that has been requested from you. I think this is a game for you.

• Like 4

Yeah, nice rant. Again, you have FAILED to give any information that has been requested from you. I think this is a game for you.

I think his failure to answer any of the questions we have posed to him sort of show why he may have failed his course and test.

Simple questions posed to him get brushed aside and he goes off on tangents that were never asked.

The only question I have of him at this time is why did he wait this long to complain?

His posts sound painfully similar to the thread he put out there on the wrongful death/autopsy swept death under rug.

I am beginning to suspect that "lifeguard" is, in essence, saying he was taught all about caring for a puppy, but then got tested on the care of peonies. I am using these as a metaphor, not actually saying he was trained and tested on puppies and peonies.

I am rather new here but reading this has made my eyes sore since I thought there was two sides to the story. It seems that Lifeguard will not awnser any questions beside the one he wants to awnser. Since all Lifeguard has done is complain about why he could not pass the test and has not said what the protocol was he failed on he has no desire to better him self and learn.

Sorry to be the one to state the obvious and if its out of taste im sorry but if you cant cut the mustard and be willing to work hard and learn maybe EMS is not for you.

• Like 4

:thumbsup:

:withstupid:

Ok, just for Shits and grins let's take this route

Suppose that his instructor indeed did do what he claims he did. That the instructor did not teach him something that was going to absolutely be on the test. Suppose that the instructor was too wound up in the pending strike that he let his instruction lapse and he indeed did not fulfill the terms of his teaching requirements.

Let's all assume that the above is true. So what should Lifeguard do? What would you do if you were in his shoes??

Let's keep away from the pat answers of "you should have learned it on your own" or "it's your fault, you needed to take some initiative to learn the stuff if your instructor was lacking"

Let's see where this one goes from here.

Ok, just for Shits and grins let's take this route

Suppose that his instructor indeed did do what he claims he did. That the instructor did not teach him something that was going to absolutely be on the test. Suppose that the instructor was too wound up in the pending strike that he let his instruction lapse and he indeed did not fulfill the terms of his teaching requirements.

Let's all assume that the above is true. So what should Lifeguard do? What would you do if you were in his shoes??

Let's keep away from the pat answers of "you should have learned it on your own" or "it's your fault, you needed to take some initiative to learn the stuff if your instructor was lacking"

Let's see where this one goes from here.

Had the student studied for class even if the instructor failed to teach the student would still have known the material. Honestly if students did study there would really be little need for instructors.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.