Incomplete training

Of course I knew that incomplete training would expose the general public to injury hazards. I also knew that the main function of the EMA Licensing Board is to protect the public. The Board has an important role in ensuring all practitioners involved with pre-hospital emergency care comply with the Emergency and Health Services Act. This provides assurance to the public that competent, consistent, appropriate and timely care will be available during medical emergencies.

My real occupation is Construction Safety, and as a Construction Safety Officer, I cannot ignore a process that intentionally obstructs and impeades with the process to hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public. I was hoping a few Paramedics would be more supportive.

I am a bit confused to the exact issue here. Please be more detailed. Besides what do you hope to gain from this forum if the EMS board has already reviewed the case?

:confused:

Of course I knew that incomplete training would expose the general public to injury hazards. I also knew that the main function of the EMA Licensing Board is to protect the public. The Board has an important role in ensuring all practitioners involved with pre-hospital emergency care comply with the Emergency and Health Services Act. This provides assurance to the public that competent, consistent, appropriate and timely care will be available during medical emergencies.

My real occupation is Construction Safety, and as a Construction Safety Officer, I cannot ignore a process that intentionally obstructs and impeades with the process to hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public. I was hoping a few Paramedics would be more supportive.

Then why are you here whining about it? Be happy you won, go forth, multiply, and fill the earth. I still based on how you presented here disagree that the school failed you. And even if there was something lacking in the education program I can not see it being enough to warrant a refund or more. Sorry.

The school has been shut down for 1.5 years. How long would it take for this to be excessive?

Ok, we will ask again,

Did you know that this protocol was going to be possibly tested?

Did you know ahead of time what that protocol was?

Please tell us about the protocol you failed?

Please give us a synopsis of what you are wanting us to do?

If you want support you can't just come in here, level a few unsubstantiated facts, disparage an instructor who is not here to defend himself and then expect that we will jump behind you just on your word.

first off we do not know you and you haven't been around here long enough to get a pass on us being skeptical.

Your first attempt at posting on here was a few months ago where you said you were a PCP student. (confused I am)

In your first attempt at posting here you were trying to re-open a months if not years old death case and wanted our support for that too. I believe that we weren't so supportive at that time either. You never came back to tell us if you succeeded in getting it reopened or not.

So this time you are trying to re-open a year or so old paramedic school situation that was found to be valid by the board that oversee's the classes or whatnot.

Please provide us with more information. It would improve your case here. If you cannot do that, then please drop this.

I kinda have to agree with the other posters here. Either 'fess up, tell us what the skill was and how they didn't prepare you for it, or your posts are pointless.

It is true that some people require more intense instruction as opposed to self-study, and this may be the case here, in which the instructor should have been accommodating this particular student's learning style. Without having the rest of the information, this is mere speculation...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

It was a combination of skills to address airway issues. However, the protocol is irelevant. The fact that it was not taught in class is serious.

• Like 1

I was a Paramedic student, whose class ended 1 month before the strike. During my trauma exam, and on the last day of class, a scenario was given, which required a protocol, which was not taught during the exam. Instead of ensuring the class was trained and conversant with the ignored protocols, the Instructor directed all students to the on-car portion of the class. I believe that the students were untrained and that these acts and/or omissions exposed the general public to serious injury hazards.

Would this be a licencing issue? Should I report this to the EMA Licencing Board? How does a student address these issues? Would the instructor be accountable?

You say the combination of airway skills is the key to this issue and then you say that the protocol was irrelevant.

Well I say you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You specifically mention the "Protocol" which was not taught during the exam.

You are the one who brought up the protocol issue. According to your lead off point it is indeed relevant.

Shouldn't a paramedic student be expected to know airway skills and if they were indeed not taught in class then that might be a point of contention but as a paramedic student and you know as well as anyone else on this site, that AIRWAY is very very important. Did you take the initiative to learn these skills on your own or did you just sit back and think "I wonder when we are going to be taught about airway"

Why are you coming here after so long complaining about this? Is is just to get sympathy and say "we feel your pain" or what's the motive behind this?

Is it just me or does this topic seem really familiar? I could have sworn there was an "issue" just like this before. The OP never fully specified the issues, just kept whining it was the schools fault they had failed.

That's exactly what I'm trying to get at.

The first time he came here, he was asking for advice and complaining about a death that he thought was suspiciously covered up because the person was I think an undocumented or illegal alien or maybe a documented one. (Just why are we documenting aliens? I thought they came from outerspace and didn't exist)

This time it's a school that is closed and he wants to make them give him his money back or something. In the original thread he didn't give specifics and it's the same MO here on this thread.

But the good thing is this, he came back to day with a response to a response that was posted 3 days ago. Maybe he will get to the others in three days from now.

Just why are we documenting aliens? I thought they came from outerspace and didn't exist)

This time it's a school that is closed and he wants to make them give him his money back or something.

But the good thing is this, he came back to day with a response to a response that was posted 3 days ago. Maybe he will get to the others in three days from now.

1) We might be talking about the other type alien, not Extra Terrestrials. Actually, I am certain of this.

2) If the school no longer exists, how could someone sue for monies at the defunct school? Should I, as an American, sue King George the Third of England for damages to buildings done by "Redcoats" fighting us in the name of said king, during the American War For Independance, 1775-1780?

3) The delay could be attributed to "Lifeguard" not looking at his E-Mail every day. I don't do that, but he, and others, might. Momma B might let 3 or 4 days go by without checking, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Why, yes, you have all seen this post before, and by the same person.

Duplicate Posting

Just as vague, but a somewhat different story. I admit, I stopped on page 1, it was all I could take. I have a ten year old boy that believes everything that goes wrong is everyone's fault as well. I expect that from him, he's ten. You're an adult. It's time to take some responsibility for your own education and actions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.