EMS Anthem

I don't see it.

I have yet to see Nurses, Lab tech's, lawyers, Vetinarians, or any other profession doing rap video's on youtube to advance thier profession.

As far as the music scene goes.... Rap really is one of the lowest denominators out there, (OK Justin Bieber may be worse).

It is my opinion that rap is associated with violence..... not health care.

You don't think "Roy and Gage" had any impact on the profession ?

This was a nationally watched show, and these public figures did a lot for the profession.

I'm simply saying If this gentlemen gets pole vaulted into publicity, he can do something similar as an entertainer of our times.

Further if you want to see nurses rapping about nursing youtube search it .. plenty of them. Can't say Ive looked up the others but wouldn't be surprised if they existed either.

Any particular reason why I got the negative two posts up?

Watch the video, go the the 3 minute 6 second mark and take a good look at that patient's exposed groin. Not a very good representation IMO.

• Like 1

The "reality" is that New Yorkers are just weird, and most normal people, like myself, don't get them.

This video is a good illustration of that "reality".

The "reality" is that New Yorkers are just weird, and most normal people, like myself, don't get them.

Actually, in da eyes of dis allegedly jaded Noo Yawkah, we are da sane ones, and da rest of youze guyz on da rest of da planet, are da wierd ones! It's all a matter of perspective!

Those are his brown pants... plus its an actor not like its a real patient....

Well, I admit I am wrong. I viewed this video on my desktop and could have sworn to what I saw. Looked at it on the laptop and can obviously see the pants. My bad.

• Like 1

Well, I admit I am wrong. I viewed this video on my desktop and could have sworn to what I saw. Looked at it on the laptop and can obviously see the pants. My bad.

Time for a new monitor ! haha ...

If there was nudity I would definitely have to have changed my opinion on the matter.

P.S. I have heard through the grape vine that the FDNY funded this project.

Maybe I'm just an old fogey, but add my name to the list of folks who do not see this as anything that promotes our profession or even provides positive exposure. I know some say there is no such thing as bad publicity, but I disagree. All I kept thinking about as I watched that clip (now I'm dating myself) was the rap "song" by Public Enemy, "911 is a Joke".

This is a link to the lyrics, just as an FYI-

http://www.publicenemy.com/index.php?page=page5&item=3&num=58

That attitude is the roots of rap- angry, violent, and thuggish. Yes, I know not all rap is that way but if we really want to promote ourselves as professionals, and advance an agenda, then what group should we be targeting? Who thinks that people in positions of power and authority in the health care profession or regulatory agencies listen to rap music? What do you think their opinions would be of people using this as a promotional tool?

If you are trying to recruit youngsters to EMS from the inner city- MAYBE this is a good idea, but I'm still not buying it.

Time for a new monitor ! haha ...

If there was nudity I would definitely have to have changed my opinion on the matter.

P.S. I have heard through the grape vine that the FDNY funded this project.

The FDNY funded this? Wow.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.