EMS Anthem

Wow, this thread suddenly exploded with comments. True to human nature and our individuality there's positive and negative comments. While I am not a fan of rap either, I say let the man do what he does. We all have our "coping" methods for this job and this might be his. Personally I think it's done really well, and good show to FDNY for supporting him in this. Had I tried (and I don't have an artistic bone in my body) to do something like this, no service within South Africa would be as forth coming as FDNY has been with Farooq. Yet another reason I will cherish my visit to FDNY a few years ago as one of my fondest memories.

Wow, this thread suddenly exploded with comments. True to human nature and our individuality there's positive and negative comments. While I am not a fan of rap either, I say let the man do what he does. We all have our "coping" methods for this job and this might be his. Personally I think it's done really well, and good show to FDNY for supporting him in this. Had I tried (and I don't have an artistic bone in my body) to do something like this, no service within South Africa would be as forth coming as FDNY has been with Farooq. Yet another reason I will cherish my visit to FDNY a few years ago as one of my fondest memories.

Yea funny, how no one had anything to say and then *poof* 6 pages worth.

I think it might be in part that the man who is featured in the video actually is making comments on his own behalf here on the string.

I am open minded enough to admit, while I am really not a fan of the "Rap" style of entertainment, it is a good demonstration of the Rap genre.

I think it might be in part that the man who is featured in the video actually is making comments on his own behalf here on the string.

I am open minded enough to admit, while I am really not a fan of the "Rap" style of entertainment, it is a good demonstration of the Rap genre.

I'm sure that's a large part. Very grateful for it.

I'm sure that's a large part. Very grateful for it.

Definitely! It's great that he's here!

My opinion mirrors those of most here, in that, while I am not a fan of rap (not "rap music", which is an oxymoron), I do agree that this was very well done and presents a positive message. I cannot speculate on whom Farooq intended this to be targeted towards, or what he hoped to achieve with it, as others seem to have done. Only he knows that. I simply maintain that, overall, I would not expect this to be a big positive image builder for the profession in general, or for FDNY. I think it may have marginal value as an appeal to the ghetto community to perhaps see that, "Hey, we're the good guys. Please don't shoot us." But other than that, I see it more as an artistic outlet than a service to the profession.

And, of course, anyone who thinks this didn't cost the city anything is incredibly naive.

I can live with that lol ...

Ditto.... Now if only I can find a way to show it to the gangbangers here and see if there's a change in attitude. Nothing scarier that treating a multiple GSW chest and having a firearm shoved into your neck with the holder saying "leave him, let him die".....

Maybe I should write, produce, and sing a country EMS song. It would go something like:

I was drunk when you got sprayed by a skunk.

You dialed 911 and I was on EMS 1.

You smelled really bad made me cry like I was sad.

Everyone abuses us why can't they just love us.

Then they cheated by calling another ambulance.

I got those taxi ride blues.

Thank you very much.

What not as good as the rap?

Actually that was a decent video and song. Some of it was a little cheesy though. So tsk is this you?

Now that I would buy the great spenac debut album coming to a ems agency near you soon!!!!!!!!!!! (wants her promotional fees now bud!!!!!!)

Now that I would buy the great spenac debut album coming to a ems agency near you soon!!!!!!!!!!! (wants her promotional fees now bud!!!!!!)

Sorry me no speaky da inglish. :thumbsup:

Glad to see you back, hope all is well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.