EMS Anthem

Hi...This is Farooq creator of Call 911 FDNY and EMS ANTHEM. I ran into this post and just wanted to dispel any rumor about the FDNY funding any of my videos. Although they were very supportive of my efforts to raise awareness about and give tribute to EMS, they DID NOT fund any of my projects. These were at my own expense. Now whether you like them or not is an entirely different issue, something I won't really address. I know my intentions were positive and supportive of EMS. Take care and be safe.

Farooq Muhammad

Good to know, like I said, just rumors through the grape vine.

You know as well as I do the EMS grapevine has a lot to say.

Thanks for posting. You said your intentions were positive and supportive of EMS. I don't doubt that. Any other reasons for doing it? Are you interested pursuing a career in the media arts or was this just for fun? You certainly have a knack for this. Maybe the department can use your talents.

Obviously folks here have differing opinions on what exactly this can do for our profession, but I don't think anyone was questioning your integrity.

Although I'm not a fan of rap, it was certainly well done.

Good luck.

[/quote

My main reason was to show support for the line of work and to let the public know what we do. I never profited for any of these projects thus far (it was never my intention). I may decide to put them on a website, available for download, so I can recoup expenses and possibly make other videos. Thanks.

Farooq

I've traveled all over the world and even camped out in the mountains of Kashmir during the devastating earthquake that killed 80,000 people. I was there as a volunteer with NYCMEDICS and we treated hundreds of people. I learned that people are essentially the same with aspirations of being successful and productive humans. I'm just one of those humans trying to make it through the day. Being a New Yorker just happens to be part of my unique individual experience. Take care and be safe.

Farooq Muhammad

Edited by FDNYPARAMEDIC

Good to know, like I said, just rumors through the grape vine.

You know as well as I do the EMS grapevine has a lot to say.

Just to clarify a little further....Call 911 was ENTIRELY funded by me and Chris Marquart and EMS ANTHEM received SOME assistance along with my money but NOT from FDNY. FDNY provided ZERO financing for these works. It was more than enough for me that the FDNY supported my effort and allowed it to be produced. I'm extremely grateful for that. Both projects were completed while I was off duty and on my own time. If anyone has questions feel free to contact me on my facebook page or my youtube channel FireEMSrescue....take care.

Farooq

• Like 1

Just to clarify a little further....Call 911 was ENTIRELY funded by me and Chris Marquart and EMS ANTHEM received SOME assistance along with my money but NOT from FDNY. FDNY provided ZERO financing for these works. It was more than enough for me that the FDNY supported my effort and allowed it to be produced. I'm extremely grateful for that. Both projects were completed while I was off duty and on my own time. If anyone has questions feel free to contact me on my facebook page or my youtube channel FireEMSrescue....take care.

Farooq

Welcome to the city. Appreciate the efforts even though I am not a fan of rap.

Farooq

No problem, As you can tell from my posts, I enjoy your video's, I don't really care how they were funded :)

In answer to Public Enemy's "9-1-1 is a Joke", a few members of NYC HHC EMS created this one, as an answer. It dates to the "Green and White" days, and I no longer remember names, but at least one of my EMS Academy (Nurses Residence Building at Queens General) classmates (NEOP 85-02) appears in it.

http://www.bing.com/...f45-58684014747

Keep it safe, and I hope to see you in LIC in June, Farooq.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

In answer to Public Enemy's "9-1-1 is a Joke", a few members of NYC HHC EMS created this one, as an answer. It dates to the "Green and White" days, and I no longer remember names, but at least one of my EMS Academy (Nurses Residence Building at Queens General) classmates (NEOP 85-02) appears in it.

http://www.bing.com/...f45-58684014747

Keep it safe, and I hope to see you in LIC in June, Farooq.

Not really my style of music, but I did like it. Thanks for posting it!

Just to clarify a little further....Call 911 was ENTIRELY funded by me and Chris Marquart and EMS ANTHEM received SOME assistance along with my money but NOT from FDNY. FDNY provided ZERO financing for these works.

Can you break down for us how much you were charged per hour for use of the vehicle, including fuel? Use of supplies?

Can you break down for us how much you were charged per hour for use of the vehicle, including fuel? Use of supplies?

In regards to what the trade off was for making the videos with my own funds and the terms of my agreement....I definitely won't be discussing that with anyone other than those directly involved. Thanks for the inquiry though.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.