Jump Bag Opinions

Im looking into a new jump bag and have it narrowed down to two choices:

http://www.gomedsource.com/dxo2bag.html

http://www.buyemp.com/product/11230622.html

AND

http://www.buyemp.com/product/1070102.html

Ive had and used LA Rescue bags before and am familiar with their construction and quality (VERY GOOD BTW), but know nothing about medsource bags. from the pictures ive found online, http://mobil-medic.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=46 (click on more images link under the pic) they appear to be made well also.

so, who has used either of these bags?

the medsource im wondering if its a little cumbersome being longer and taller, or do those extra 4" make a difference?

As the former Tri-anim Rep for SW Texas, I sold a LOT of the MedSource bags. I also used this particular bag as my demo bag for about 4 years, which was stuffed and carried into every account I visited and so did my husband, the Tri-anim SE Texas Rep. We used one for our trail ride first aid bag, and I have one of the MedSource coated canvas large trauma bags for my equine first aid kit. The guys that run the company guarantee the bags and if you ever have problems, you simply send in the broken one and they will fix or replace it at no cost to you, except maybe shipping. They usually just replace them. MedSource is a GREAT company with nice products at reasonable prices. (By the way, I NEVER had one come back in for repair)

The 4 inches can really help when you are trying to stuff a couple of c-collars in the bag. The back outside pocket (the side you don't see in the picture) runs pretty much the full length of the bag, so works well for collars and flat-style head immobilizers. The front two pockets are great for glucometers and bandaging stuff like 4 x 4's, tape, ABD pads, etc. The dividers on the inside attach with velcro so you can change the dimensions of the compartments, or you can remove them all together. Besides, we all know that the bigger the bag, the more stuff we will jam into it... 4 more inches equals more stuff!

I don't know much about LA Gear, although I had a couple of customers that had them and loved them, too.

Good luck with your purchase! Oh, and for the record, I am not in sales anymore so I have no vested interest in what bag you choose, I am just very familiar with the MedSource one and really like them.

Christine Springfield

Edited by n3qtrtme

As the former Tri-anim Rep for SW Texas, I sold a LOT of the MedSource bags. I also used this particular bag as my demo bag for about 4 years, which was stuffed and carried into every account I visited and so did my husband, the Tri-anim SE Texas Rep. We used one for our trail ride first aid bag, and I have one of the MedSource coated canvas large trauma bags for my equine first aid kit. The guys that run the company guarantee the bags and if you ever have problems, you simply send in the broken one and they will fix or replace it at no cost to you, except maybe shipping. They usually just replace them. MedSource is a GREAT company with nice products at reasonable prices. (By the way, I NEVER had one come back in for repair)

The 4 inches can really help when you are trying to stuff a couple of c-collars in the bag. The back outside pocket (the side you don't see in the picture) runs pretty much the full length of the bag, so works well for collars and flat-style head immobilizers. The front two pockets are great for glucometers and bandaging stuff like 4 x 4's, tape, ABD pads, etc. The dividers on the inside attach with velcro so you can change the dimensions of the compartments, or you can remove them all together. Besides, we all know that the bigger the bag, the more stuff we will jam into it... 4 more inches equals more stuff!

I don't know much about LA Gear, although I had a couple of customers that had them and loved them, too.

Good luck with your purchase! Oh, and for the record, I am not in sales anymore so I have no vested interest in what bag you choose, I am just very familiar with the MedSource one and really like them.

Christine Springfield

Ordered the medsource bag. The fact that it comes in ReD was also a factor LoL

To get quality, you must seek quality. Iron Duck or Ferno, are the way to go. Choose something with a Manufacturer's guaranteed warranty, with quality that speaks for itself..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.