True artificial barriers in Labour Mobility Canada, the WCB in B.C. or the OFA level 3

tniuqs

Well I PASSED whoo hoo :shiftyninja:

Am now a graduate of a 76 hour First Aid course and mandatory by Workman's Compensation Board is this the new Health Care Administration in BC ? <shrugs shoulders>

Well: I am now permitted to provide First Aid in Industry in Beautiful British Columbia ... look at me GO. I now have an INTERNATIONAL Canadian Registration for Work Place Level 3 F.A. supplemental certificate and now hanging proudly on my bragging wall.

BTW: The Oil Company practices so far beyond compliance its freaking awesome, heck I even have my own dispatch support and a ex CAF PA to chat with .... stellar, btw BC licencing took about 25 minutes to write the on-line jurisprudence exam. :icecream:

Apparently my Registration in AB in 2 regulated professions are not directly accepted, nor excempt from taking or challenging this seriously challenging course, this even though wile working for Alberta Air Ambulance I have transported out of BC to higher levels of care .. I have the flight log for:

Intubated.

Ventilated.

Chemically paralyzed patients.

From Peds to HELLP syndrome.

To Septic Shock and this DIRECT (no Mother may I 'wean dopamine") to ICU's in Edmonton, GP and Calgary.

But This is what I learned:

1- Fractured Mid Shaft Femur, secured with board splints, this injury is not life threating ... do the paperwork with a cold pack for pain control.

2- NRM is the "preferred" method of O2 delivery (despite the BCAS protocol for ACP titrate to keep SaO2 > 95)

3- No divert to facility with "required" CT scan for suspected CVA, no diversion (by Air)with Poly Trauma past a remote clinic er local hospital.

4- I can treat and release for OTC delivery and BCAS can not ... WTF ?

5- Last but not least "seeing stars" is a sign of stroke (with a negative Cincinnati Score) the instructor and bless her "tolerate heart" had NEVER heard of this Score ... I needed IM Benzos to not come unglued with this mental trauma. I will never be the same :devilish:

Great Spirit Give me STRENGTH, I took the exact same course called Industrial "A" ticket in 1979 !!!!! Yes and it hasn't changed since then, I kept my first syllabus from that historical date, ok so I am a hoarder, I like books :punk:

Cost $1300.00 ... money grab ONLY.

Sucking out 3/4 of my brain to unravel my evidence based medical practice(s).

PRICELESS !

Without a shadow of doubt this is an true artificial barrier in labour mobility and conceptually against the AIT agreement for all Paramedics Canada Wide .... sheesh !

Good thing ACoP has got this reciprocity thing firmly under control .

Edited by tniuqs

Or you can fill out several forms with a photo and send off more forms to registration bodies for verification when EMALB can look on the web.

Then wait for permission to sit the online open book e mail a buddy exam of 24 yes folks 24 questions then wait several more weeks to get your BC licence, this I can handle as almost all the provinces do similiar things and means you can move provinces but have to pre plan it so maybe a temp inter provincial registration should be introduced?? Just an idea??

Thats when you get to communicate with worksafe BC aka WCB...... after proving to the province once that you can operate at the PCP/ACP levelyou then get to do it again and you then have to do some modules at home which of course tax your skills and brain ??? and sit a 4 hour course after which you will magically be skilled and educated to look after industrial type people. Are they different to the people who dial 911. If they dial 911 at work does BCAS have to find someone who has done the extra endorsement??

I personally can't see how anyone could say that this is a barrier to the free movement of labor :)

Freakin unreal is what it is!!!!!!!!

OFA is not under the EMALB and so is not mandated by AIT as far as I can tell. Two separate entities who do not talk to each other as I can't get an answer out of either as to what a PCP/ACP needs to do to be "allowed" to work for industry.

Great...........

Edited by ukcanuck

Perhaps this topic should be brought up at the next AGM?

I'm not sure what good this would do.

ACP has effectively silenced any voice that the membership has. It does not matter what the membership votes on at AGM, or what is brought up to ACP, they have written in their own bylaws that the board can overturn any vote the membership makes. There is no democratic process.

For example, two years ago, the members voted to stay in PAC for 2 more years. By December of that same year, the ACP board reversed that decision and removed Alberta practitioners from PAC. At that time I sent an email to our ACP president asking how this was possible, and was informed of this bylaw.

Members who have posted negative items regarding ACP on public websites have received letters of caution to not voice their opinons publicly.

This leaves the ACP membership in a situation where they can put up and shut up, revolt, or put pressure on political interest groups to make changes. The last two options take an incredible amount of planning and energy, and need the backing of a large number of members, or the members who spearhead those actions will die on that career hill by themselves.

Well I PASSED whoo hoo :shiftyninja:

Am now a graduate of a 76 hour First Aid course and mandatory by Workman's Compensation Board is this the new Health Care Administration in BC ? <shrugs shoulders>

Well: I am now permitted to provide First Aid in Industry in Beautiful British Columbia ... look at me GO. I now have an INTERNATIONAL Canadian Registration for Work Place Level 3 F.A. supplemental certificate and now hanging proudly on my bragging wall.

BTW: The Oil Company practices so far beyond compliance its freaking awesome, heck I even have my own dispatch support and a ex CAF PA to chat with .... stellar, btw BC licencing took about 25 minutes to write the on-line jurisprudence exam. :icecream:

Apparently my Registration in AB in 2 regulated professions are not directly accepted, nor excempt from taking or challenging this seriously challenging course, this even though wile working for Alberta Air Ambulance I have transported out of BC to higher levels of care .. I have the flight log for:

Intubated.

Ventilated.

From Peds to HELLP syndrome.

To Septic Shock and this DIRECT (no Mother may I 'wean dopamine") to ICU's in Edmonton, GP and Calgary.

But This is what I learned:

1- Fractured Mid Shaft Femur, secured with board splints, this injury is not life threating ... do the paperwork with a cold pack for pain control.

2- NRM is the "preferred" method of O2 delivery (despite the BCAS protocol for ACP titrate to keep SaO2 > 95)

3- No divert to facility with "required" CT scan for suspected CVA, no diversion (by Air)with Poly Trauma past a remote clinic er local hospital.

4- I can treat and release for OTC delivery and BCAS can not ... WTF ?

5- Last but not least "seeing stars" is a sign of stroke (with a negative Cincinnati Score) the instructor and bless her "tolerate heart" had NEVER heard of this Score ... I needed IM Benzos to not come unglued with this mental trauma. I will never be the same :devilish:

Great Spirit Give me STRENGTH, I took the exact same course called Industrial "A" ticket in 1979 !!!!! Yes and it hasn't changed since then, I kept my first syllabus from that historical date, ok so I am a hoarder, I like books :punk:

Cost $1300.00 ... money grab ONLY.

Sucking out 3/4 of my brain to unravel my evidence based medical practice(s).

PRICELESS !

Without a shadow of doubt this is an true artificial barrier in labour mobility and conceptually against the AIT agreement for all Paramedics Canada Wide .... sheesh !

Good thing ACoP has got this reciprocity thing firmly under control .

You want some cheese with that whine turnip???????

...wile working for Alberta Air Ambulance I have transported out of BC to higher levels of care .. I have the flight log for:

Intubated.

Ventilated.

Turnip that list didn't include sedated; tsk, tsk, tsk :D

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming

Turnip that list didn't include sedated; tsk, tsk, tsk :D

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming

Ahh the pup tries to correct the RT EMTP with (hundreds of) years experience..... I am sure if you ask nicely, Mr. Turnip will provide you with 50+ pages of what he is qualified to do, which obviously would include sedation.

Ahh the pup tries to correct the RT EMTP with (hundreds of) years experience..... I am sure if you ask nicely, Mr. Turnip will provide you with 50+ pages of what he is qualified to do, which obviously would include sedation.

*Growls at Annie

I was being sargasmic, duh :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.