EMT applications..

Some of the best advice I heard as a new provider...

Keep your eyes open and your mouth shut- except when asking questions.

Be a sponge- absorb all the knowledge and insights you can- from patients, family, partners, teachers, hospital staff, bosses- even bystanders. There is something to be learned from everyone- even if it may be what NOT to do.

You are never too old/experienced to learn. Never step wanting to improve yourself professionally or personally.

everything they said and I always say "treat others exactly the same way you want to be treated" oh and I see you already met Phil. Please if you have a young mind do not associate with him, he is like crack, he will curupt you before you know it. :iiam:

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty much everything these guys said.

Good thing you're looking at schools that have CMA accreditation ... make sure in a few years if/when you do your medics, you consider the same.

• 2 weeks later...

One lesson I wish I had learned as A young EMT was how to wind down after bad calls. Learn the what happens at work stays at work, and what happens at home stays at home. Never let either one take over or you will burn out really fast.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.