Classic EMS pranks...

PRPGfirerescuetech

Here are a few...some are now Illegal...so I am not condoning or suggesting anyone follow my lead here!

1) 37V1 was awakened one night (after we passed them for the 4th time) to a 'Ambulance on fire'. We had soaked a trauma dressing in Alcohol...part of the decon kit...and lit it on fire on their hood. We then hit the siren. Boy did they JUMP! It caused no damage, but they never slept quite so oundly after that.

2) Do not like someone??? There were plenty of uses for nitropaste prior to its removal from our system.

3) Blocked in by a comrade working a later unit? Use a 5 Ton Jack and bring their car onto the street double parked...you need to be friends with the cops for this one).

4) I had a Battalion Chief who took another job back east...First we smeared Petroleum gause on his door handle, steering wheel and gear shift. Each time he touched something, he would leave the vehicle, clean his hands then get dogged by the next one. Ford Expeditions are notoriously easy to jimmy (easier than 73-91 Chevy Blazers)!

4a) Same Battalion Chief: 0300 we wake up and surround his bunkroom door. One Bottle Rocket and 2 Pressurized Water Cans (PW or Can). We shot the rocket into the office, but nothing happened. We waited for a few moments...and started to worry. We did not have the key to enter. We then ran down to the com room and toned out the BC. He woke up and we heard him stumble around. At that point the Lt came out of his Bunk and gave us the key. As we shoved the key into the lock, he was trying to open the door. We attacked with both PW cans...that was funny. Moral of the story: Bottle rockets scorch the carpet...Bottle rockets can (and will) set bedding on fire. :twisted:

5) Have I mentioned the many used for Deer and Elk Scent? Elk is worse

6) We had a guy who made his own pickled eggs. He tried to punk me...and failed. I went to his station with a new 6 pack of socks. I soaked the socks in the juice, then put a few eggs in. I beat the socks into mush, then I throwed the sock mush down (DEEP down) the vents. I think they are still there today.

7) Remove all food from the house...All of it...including refrigerated stuff. This helps if the house is in a remote area.

If I can be of further assistance...let me know.

The secret is to go NUKE early and often. Most do not have the stomach to keep up with me.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Beegers

Always the same spiking rigs in the ER lots witht he lights and sirens. Neer had it done to me at work because i did what i was supposed to...>LOCK THE DOORS.

Once, I was on volunteer at we saw another city's rig (we were good friends with the crew) and we put the orange cones from the ER in the driver's and passenger seat and Took the trays of supplies (gauze pads, bandaids, cravats) out of the cabinets and put them all over the bench seats and stretcher (in an easy fashion to clean up quick).

We had a member who was in EMS in another country that specialized in mountain rescue and had climbing gear. So when the midnight crew was in the living room he climbed down from the roof to the second story window and freaked them out.

Our VP is also a cop for the city and when he stops at the building he likes to park his patrol car right in front of our firt due rig doors. So seeing that he left the keys, we moved the car to the other side of the lot (by PDHQ) and he was running around trying to find it (didn't get in trouble cuz the dispatcher is our President and the other officers on duty were former members).

One thing I'm sure all of you have experienced in EMS is when the mouths start talkin and rumors get spread. Well i personally don't like it when the rumors gets started that i was sleeping with one of my married preceptors. That rumor almost ruined a marriage and ruined my ability to work in EMS where I live and be a firefighter. Any suggestions on how to really get this guy back?

I've been told that the contents of a standard size can of shaving cream will fill the passenger area of a sedan...but I speak as "vic" not "perp" with that, plus it was a friend's car who was supposed to give me a ride somewhere.

:shock: Here's one practical joke you can use, BUT in only extreme conditions. BTW, all the names have been changed to protect the guilty...

I once worked for an ambulance service that was a small family owned business. The owner was a crusty old ex-Coast Guardsman and he raised two bratty sons in their late teens that never really had to work hard until daddy gave them jobs as ambulance crewmwn. Number-1 son, Eddie was a big kid with big floppy shoes and handsome as all get out. His new partner was only the third female EMT I had thus far seen in my short 4 year career (the year was 1977). One day the owner called all rigs to return to quarters for a meeting where he introduced the new female, a pretty little thing named Becky. The Old Man said, "I can't trust none of you horn-dog clowns to work 24s with Becky, so she'll only be allowed to work overnights with Eddie here." Eddie beamed with spoiled boy pride and snickered in our direction. Most of us were kinda pissed that the Old Man wouldn't trust us to keep our hands off Becky who was a married woman.

I was in early to grab a unit for an early morning regular transfer patient going to dialysis. I noticed only one bunk was slept in on the night before when Becky and Eddie were on duty. They were dispatched earlier that morning to a calland had obviously left in a hurry (the boss manned the radio at his home after hours). I vowed to put the crush to that smart-ass kid as soon as possible. Besides, I didn't care for Becky anyway because she was lazy and had a smart mouth on her. I don't think I ever got her to wash the unit or do anything other than the absolute minimum necessary whenever we worked together on the day car.

On my next early shift, I came prepared with a brand new condom and a plastic vial filled with raw egg white. Eddie and Becky were on an early transfer call and I knew the old man wouldn't be in quarters until 0730, so I hatched my plan...

I knew the Old Man started each and every day by taking a healthy piss in the crew's toilet. So, I dumped the egg yolk into the condom and let the goopy mess settle into the toilet. The time was 0615 and counting... Eddie and Becky would be out at least until 0845, so if everything went well, the Old Man would be greeted with a nice "floater" in the toilet. I'd let his southern boy imagination run wild from there. The condom floated tip down with a heavy load of runny egg white, bobbing in the toilet like a bloated whale.

Then things got busy. My partner and I were out the rest of the day, finally returning to quarters around 4 P.M. My buddy Danny ran up to my rig just as we parked and said, "Aw man, Vic, you missed this morning's fireworks!" He was almost out of breath and grinning from ear to ear, "You shoulda seen it! The old man had Eddie up against the wall with his hands around his neck, screaming "you little jerk! I trusted you with Becky and this is how you repay me??!!' " Danny blurted, "Eddie was all wide eyed and choked out, "Honest, dad, I was framed...I didn't do her...ugggghhhhh!!" Don, Bill and I just stood there watching the show. I almost laughed out loud, finally seeing that dumbass papa's boy get what was coming to him!"

I have to admit, I felt kinda bad for the kid. For about three seconds anyway. Sometime later, I noticed Becky's uniform shirt was stained. She was lactating and Eddie was soon to be a pappa. Becky's marriage broke up shortly before the baby was born when she finally broke down and told her husband that their child was actually Eddie's spawn.

It was the meanest, most prophetic practical joke I ever pulled on another guy. I created bad karma though. I was stuck with Becky as my partner after the Old Man found that bogus condom surprise. He told me, "You take care of Becky, Vic, you're the only man I can trust around here..."

One thing I'm sure all of you have experienced in EMS is when the mouths start talkin and rumors get spread. Well i personally don't like it when the rumors gets started that i was sleeping with one of my married preceptors. That rumor almost ruined a marriage and ruined my ability to work in EMS where I live and be a firefighter. Any suggestions on how to really get this guy back?

Convince his wife to run off with another woman. Gets 'em everytime.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a few that might be funny...I thought they were, but after reading this, I think I may need to go back to grammar school! :D

One of our paid firefighter EMTs was a bit of an unpleasant person...I don't know if he thought we were cute or easy or desperate or what, but he gave three of the female volunteers a key to his room, hoping we would visit him during his shift. Well, he didn't get so lucky. He did get his bed, baseball cap, shampoo bottle, and dresser sprinkled with glitter...the really fine almost powdery stuff that sticks to everything...three years and two firefighters that have used that room later, there is still glitter in that room.

On my birthday last year, one of the paid guys filled my bunker boots with Jello...the kind that sits on a shelf in the grocery and doesn't need refrigerated. LOL...I got to walk around a fire scene for four hours with my feet squishing in Jello...and my boots are still pink on the inside.

One of our paid guys had a "friend" that liked to visit him at night. One night while she was visiting, our assistant chief had dispatch set off a test page...I heard he got caught in the zipper while trying to get dressed as the tones went off.

Another one that wasn't really a prank, but was sort of funny...we were sitting around eating cake one night and one of the guys thought it would be funny to put icing in my hair. (I have expensive pink highlighted hair). I was going to get him back and ended up chasing him all over the station, hoping to catch him and smear icing on his bald head. So...I was hiding under a brush truck and when he came by, I jumped out at him...caught my shoulder on the bumper and ended up getting a new shirt, 18 stitches, and a tetanus shot. Still haven't got him back for that one...will have to start planning.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.