Classic EMS pranks...

PRPGfirerescuetech

Ok, I'll go one that I saw happen to a partner of mine about 8 years ago.

My partner was deathly afraid of spiders and another co-worker knew this. One day the other co-worker found three large wolf spiders and caught them. After the spiders had died, he placed them in individual manilla envelopes and sent them to the one who was afraid of the spiders. He sent them on 3 consecutive days and marked the envelopes with HR, Operations management and Scheduling

Well to tell you that he screamed when he opened the first letter you could have heard the scream about 10 blocks away.

Day 2 came and he opened the 2nd envelope and a similar scream came out.

Day 3 the sender of the spiders was on duty at the same station as we were and my partner got the last envelope. I left the room and came back and my partner was asking the sender of the spiders to open the envelope. Well the guy did open it and told him oh it's just papers. He handed the letter back to my partner who opened the envelope and proceeded to jump out of his skin.

That was about 8 years ago, I think the guy is still afraid to open a letter from management thinking there might be a spider instead of official paperwork.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D had a really obnoxious partner who was as lazy as the day was long. never bathed, would not help with chores, etc. so one weekend he ended up working with the boss for a 12 hr shift and they got hammered with calls. me and a friend came in for overtime and found him sleeping in the bunkroom, dead to the world. we used to have a klaxson horn for the telephone,which is reeeaaaly loud. we took the horn slipped it under his bunk and then hooked it to the second phone line walked into the other room and called.he came up off the bunkbed so fast that he forgot to duck and smashed his head on the top bunk and knocked himself out .the boss heard the noise and cqme to see what was going on and laughed and bitched at us at the same time made us take him to the hospital. he got a mild concussion and three stitches. hasnt been back since.

This just happened to me yesterday...

Go to use the hand sanitizer in the front compartment. Well a little sticky for sanitizer.....F^*K its glue!!! At least they left me a real one too :)

Then as the day goes we did something like five or six calls within the morning hours of a 0700h-1900h shift...now in the front again look down at the AM/FM radio clock...YES! 0415h.....or not :D Got excited for nothing...revenge will be sweet.

Try this one

After off-load in the ER if a crew leaves their stretcher unattended lower the side rails and tape the sh!t out of them to the frame. If they don't notice then when they goto load it into the back they'll never get it in right. As we all have seen, once you have it lifted like a forbidden curse some guys will not pull it back out to figure it out but struggle for about 2-3 minutes....just please use porous tape for easy rip incase of a high priority call. (this should work for almost any type of stretch but mainly the 35A or 35P models if that makes sense to everyone in different areas)

Or how about rubbing your partner's leg or neck when they're trying to do a skill or assessment...again only with a partner you know will find it funny and on low priority calls where the patient won't know but you partner sure will.

Get a test page from dispatch when partner is sitting on the toilet, especially if they have been complaining they need to go for the last 2 hours.

oh and one more....sorry I keep thinking of things we've done.

At the end of shift take your 5'4" tall partner's lunch kit, coat or anything else and put it on top of the box of the ambulance, then sit back and enjoy/take pictures.

The day I stop having fun at work is the day I stop going to work.

So, there we are having a supervisors breakfast meeting. On fellow is always there first having a coffee and reading the paper. Supervisor # two arrives, uses his spare key to enter the 1st supervisors vehicle, moves the drivers seat to the full forward position,and places a knotted surgical glove inflated with air and a single shot of Crap spray, on the seat track out of sight.

After breakfast # 1 gets in his car and shouts an obscenity about short legged people and angrily jams the seat back thereby rupturing the glove and releasing the magic elixir aroma into the vehicle. # 1 immediately begins gagging bails out screaming oaths about supervisor # 2,supervisors # 3 & 4 are looking for a box of depends.

In honour of my friend Deano,,, one of your best. :D:D

I have done what urbanmedic said about rubbing your partner's leg on a call. Perhaps a good, "Good Game!" slap on the tush too.

Also, try blowing in their ear. You can actually watch goosebumps form!

Works for hot ER nurses as well. At least the ones with a sense of humor.

Yes, I've had all these done to me by male and female partners/coworkers and laughed about it!

ug

• 2 weeks later...

One time I duct taped my partner his bed he was so " webbed in " when the tones dropped later that night i had fallen asleep and forgot about him and was running out to the truck and he was screaming , he had no idea was was going on or why he couldnt get out of bed it was so funny. I was laughing my ass off cutting him out.

Another prank diff partner he was forever wearing this stupid baseball hat and we had been having water fights and other such pranks all day and well it was my turn but it was bed time and we called it truce (so he thought) so after he fell asleep i took hat and put toothpaste all along the front inside rim and put it back where it was and then went to sleep. And sure enough the tones dropped and we jumped in the rig and off we went then he put on his hat. Nice and Squishy. It was a nice long emergency too. He smelled nice and minty! :lol: :twisted:

i've got a couple of good ones for ya...makes me giggle thinking about them. me and a good friend work together at the same service and have been through medic class together, etc...but it seems like she is always the one this stuff happens to!

she woke up one morning a few weeks ago after falling asleep on the couch in the living room of our quarters with an ear full of surgi-lube! talk about hillarious...she said that she couldn't hardly get it out and that q-tips just went in and kept going!!! lmao...she also said that when she walked into the caffeteria the medic who had done the prank ended up spitting his breakfast across the room cause she had such a funny look on her face.

same medic who did the lube in the ear thing is notorious for putting surgi-lube or defib gel into boots if you take them off and leave them where he can get to them...then he'll have us paged and you have no choice once your feet are in the boots but to wear them...no biggy, it's water soluble so it eventually dries up. and we all know to bring extra shoes with us to work! if you are looking for a no-mess way of doing this prank try gummy worms in the boots....no mess, no wet, still funny as hell!

this medic is an older fella...we commonly refer to as father time or old man river....he walks around the quarters in the winter time when we are up in the wee hours in a red union suit that has the hatch over the butt!!!! lmao. we love him.

the girl i went to medic class with got caught half asleep one morning by old man river washing the ambulance with the front windows down....teehee...she has yet to live that one down!

ok...last one! since my friend is often the brunt of the pranks at work she devised a way to get even and look innocent!!! believe it or not! when she does her truck checks in the mornings and washes/cleans the ambulance, she will "accidentally" armourall the bench seat in the back of the rig! lmao...many times she has held a straight face and innocently said "i don't know why it's so slick" while the red-facec medic says something obscene about the previous shift's crew and how he's going to get back at them! i still don't think the medics she works with have caught on, even though she will take corners a little faster than most of us! lmao

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.