Classic EMS pranks...

PRPGfirerescuetech

When one of our crew would fall asleep on the couch(when there was work to be done), we would take turns squirting him with saline flushes from 10 feet away, so he would barely feel it. When he did wake up, he was soaked and didnt know how he got that way. :oops:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm the kill joy of the group... yeah, the Lasix in the coffee and the nitro on the doorknob aren't so much pranks as really dangerous things to do. Just remember the EMT who was killed with the defibrillator in the back of the ambulance. I'm sure they were just "having fun" too. I mean, the worst I've ever done is hose someone down with D50 and watch them attract flies, and there is the perennial supersoaker vs. captain's uniform at the 4th of july barbecue. I've also heard of the "jiggling the cables and yelling 'he's in v-fib!' to a nervous partner", but that isn't something I've seen.

I heard this somewhere.....still haven't tried it.

Buy some raw onions and some caramel for caramel apples. Put popsicle sticks in the onions, dip them, leave them on the counter and wait for the next sucker to walk in.

good one...i must try this at my VAC... :lol:

I don't know how easy this would be to accomplish, but here goes:

I've head that (I believe it to be) Methylchlorine can turn urine blue. After snagging some from a hospital or somewhere else.....an unsuspecting partner might just be the perfect target.

doe in heat urine on the bottom of an annoying partners or fellow member's pants or shoes. props to Jeff Foxowrthy for the idea.

at my volly department we have these huge bags that you could fit a small person in that we carry our bunker gear. well everyone just brings them into the staiton and puts them up against the wall on meeting nights "just in case" well one night a new guy put his bag by the wall and went to the bathroom. We removed his gear from the bag and soemone climbed in ( the bag has a mess window so we werent affarid of suffication). We had all the trucks pulled out of the bay for training. well the new guy's bag slowly moved all over the station and when we did a mock page well he about pooped himself when his bag attacked him as he tried to open it.

****hint if u do this make sure that the person in the bag and at least laugh without makin noise or else its ruined

my personal favorite--------zip ties on the drive shaft. it makes one hell of a noise and creates no damage to the vechical!

I don't know how easy this would be to accomplish, but here goes:

I've head that (I believe it to be) Methylchlorine can turn urine blue. After snagging some from a hospital or somewhere else.....an unsuspecting partner might just be the perfect target.

So on top of theft from the hospital you'll commit assault on your partner?

Two outstanding qualities to have in an EMS professional.

-be safe.

So on top of theft from the hospital you'll commit assault on your partner? Two outstanding qualities to have in an EMS professional.

1). Where in any of that did I instruct anyone to commit theft?

2). If you knew what Methylchloride (if you had indeed read the post, I'm not even sure if that's the chemical) did, it's nowhere near assault.....just turns the urine blue for a while. There is no physical harm in that....being that it's used for testing the urinary tract.

1). Where in any of that did I instruct anyone to commit theft?

2). If you knew what Methylchloride (if you had indeed read the post, I'm not even sure if that's the chemical) did, it's nowhere near assault.....just turns the urine blue for a while. There is no physical harm in that....being that it's used for testing the urinary tract.

1) Snagging from the hospital? No. Not quite saying steal it. But do you honestly think they'll just hand it out to you?

2) As was previously mentioned, tampering with food, drink or intentionally slipping someone an unknown (to the recipient) substance can be, and has been held up in court as, assault. Even if it's supposed to be "harmless". How do you know that the person isn't allergic to it?

Further, you're talking about administering a drug and you don't even know what it's called. Through your ignorance, you can't be sure of what it can do, side effects, etc.... Would you do this on your ambulance? Would you let it happen to you if you were a patient?

And if you're going to stand by and defend those actions then you certainly don't belong in such a position of trust as is required by this job.

-be safe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.