Classic EMS pranks...

PRPGfirerescuetech

One other thing we did...had a volunteer that was a HUGE know it all punk...drove everyone nuts. So...one weekend, he went out of town for training and took a department vehicle. We have sort of an unwritten rule that you are not supposed to leave your vehicle at the station overnight unless you are pulling a shift, but he didn't care. He parked his truck right hear the door and told the paid guy to "watch it" for him...also gave the shift guy a nickel and told him to have it washed and waxed when he got back. The shift guys that were on from early Friday morning until late Sunday night went out every few hours and gave his truck a light spray of water...this was the middle of January and it was COLD. By Sunday night, there was a huge coat of ice all over his truck...I don't think he could get into it until Tuesday or Wednesday. I doubt that he will ever leave his truck there overnight again.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mild: Short sheet your partner's bed. Sugar/salt or sugar/flour switch (classic). Loose tops on salt/pepper shakers. Decaf for caffeinated coffee.

Moderate: KY Jelly on the toilet seat (classic - my mom had this done to her in the 1960's in nursing school!), door handles or car door handles. Don't use Vaseline or petrolatum products as this doesn't wash easily and can ruin some car finishes.

Sew your partner's socks closed about 1/4 of the way from the toes.

250cc bag of saline, tubing: set at < TKO rate, put bag between mattress and box spring, run tubing under sheet. Weight will cause a slow leak.

Ketchup or mustard packets under the front tires of the rig.

When your partner falls asleep, paint their fingernails with Wite Out.

Hang newbie firefighter's helmet from ceiling filled with your choice of items: Popcorn, water, foam, etc.

Saran Wrap: toilet seat, doorways, cars, small animals (just kidding!).

Rig battery off: turn on sirens, wipers, heater, and radio at full blast.

Rig at local store with personnel inside: hide in darkened pt. compartment and surprise them when they get seat-belted in.

The extreme ones don't bear mentioning as they can potentially cause bodily harm, as in the case of lasix causing an electrolyte imbalance.

However, I think any self-respecting police officer would laugh in your humorless face if you called because somebody messed with your sirens while the rig is shut off. Go out and purchase your sense of humor back from the pawn shop. You'll make a perfect anal-retentive killjoy administrator. Firing them for pranks, sheesh.

And making them put the door back on because you MacGyver'd your way out wasn't harsh, but telling them to f*ck off is going to get you hated quickly.

We can still be professionals and have fun at work.

If you bake a cake with laxative in it and you DON'T tell anyone they can have some, are you still responsible?

I'm not going to name names or even the sex of the perp but this is an extreme that I found funny. Primarily because my ex-spouse cheated on me.

Person finds out their spouse is cheating on them. (Not suspected - confirmed.) Person goes to spouse's bed ('cause they're not planning on sleeping there anymore), takes 6 ft section of fiberglass insulation, carefully places between sheets and proceeds to jump on bed a few times. Removes fiberglass batt and taps the unfaithful spouse's underwear in the crotchal area a few times with it too.

That's inconvenience.

Keep laughing. It helps!

ug

Here is a couple of pranks I've pulled on newbies. #1-place saline bag with IV tubing under mattress of sofa,when they sit down their back side gets wet. #2 -About 4 weeks ago ,2 of our new EMTs had come into the day room after doing their morning truck check. I asked them if they had located the fallopian tubes in the truck. I told them they were used for the suction unit. Well anyway they spent the next 20 minutes looking through their assigned truck,and then another 10 minutes looking in the supply room( my chief liked this one, A+ for the weasel). :lol::D

One of the bathrooms in our station is used by the men and women and the women complain that the men don't put the seat up to pee. I walked into the bathroom and dripped apple juice on the bathroom toilet seat. I could tell it worked,because you could hear one of the women yelling. :D

Ammonia ampules taped under the toilet seat :roll:

A glove on the end of suction tubing attached to the main 02, put next to the drivers seat on those late night long distance transfers. (scared the hell out of me :shock: )

I was victim of some other stuff but it really wouldnt be condoned so....

ed

Ugly medic, nice insult there towards me. anal rententive ha ha ha Well everyone let me set the record straight, my company policy was to call Law enforcement if anyone tampered with our units. We had several very bad experiences with people tampering our units in a pranksterish way.

I no where advocated to fire anyone for pranks but if they got out of hand and it hurt someone like it did me at one time then you bet your arse that you would be fired. no if's ands or buts. Pranks have a place in the workplace but we are supposed to be professional and people pulling pranks that can hurt people or hurt themselves should not be allowed.

If you pulled a prank on a crewmember and it resulted in an injury of a crew member then you could expect a suspension or even termination.

We have different sub stations around the area,,,,,surprise visit if other crew was out and trashed there station,,,put there beds in the shower(no water) turned over furnature.......BEST yet was to place a pair of there underware on the ceiling fan.....now i corupted his children and when he woke up one morning....chonies on the fan funny

Ugly medic, nice insult there towards me. anal rententive ha ha ha Well everyone let me set the record straight, my company policy was to call Law enforcement if anyone tampered with our units. We had several very bad experiences with people tampering our units in a pranksterish way.

I no where advocated to fire anyone for pranks but if they got out of hand and it hurt someone like it did me at one time then you bet your arse that you would be fired. no if's ands or buts. Pranks have a place in the workplace but we are supposed to be professional and people pulling pranks that can hurt people or hurt themselves should not be allowed.

If you pulled a prank on a crewmember and it resulted in an injury of a crew member then you could expect a suspension or even termination.

Ruffems

I know we have covered this before.

I read Ugly medics post and no where in it does he call you anal retentive.

what was said that the way you exhibit your stand on pranks you could raise to the rank of a humourless anal retentive ADMINISTRATOR.

BIG DIFFERENCE....................

As I said before to play a prank on some one with the administration of a drug is DANGEROUS AND STUPID

But I am tending to think (in my perception) that you take thing to heart and are a little thin skined when you get a negative post directed your way.

If you feel that in any way I am attempting to insult you, then that is your perception as I do not have that intention, these are my views and my reality therefore this is what I am entitaled to have and voice.

stay safe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.