Should the elderly be allowed to continue to drive?

Should the elderly be allowed to continue to drive?  

37 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, they have as much right to keep driving as the rest of us
    • Yes, but only after stringent and repeated vision testing
    • Yes, but only with exemptions
    • No, they're a danger to everyone else on the road.

Off topic, but...

I know what a Yeti is. It's "Bigfoot", "The abominable Snowman", "Harry" of "Harry and the Henderson's", and probably a few localized names I don't know off-hand. However, as the reports about the critter describe it as big, smelly, emitting a loud roar, and usually trying to get away from the human observer, why would one want to poke it?

From Lonesome Dove

Gus McCrae: "A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough"

Off topic, but...

I know what a Yeti is. It's "Bigfoot", "The abominable Snowman", "Harry" of "Harry and the Henderson's", and probably a few localized names I don't know off-hand. However, as the reports about the critter describe it as big, smelly, emitting a loud roar, and usually trying to get away from the human observer, why would one want to poke it?

I gave that nickname to akflightmedic in Afg when we worked together because, if you delete smelly and add hairy, the rest of that description fits him to a T.

I made the comment in reference to it making him batshit crazy that we sometimes post to threads that are eons old. Also, though he's big and hairy, if you poke him at just the right time the results can vary from an hours long discussion on why you're a dork to a spontaneous dance routine from your favorite musical while singing the appropriate song, somewhat in tune. (I'm relatively sure that he's the only non gay person I've ever known that knows every dance and all of the words from every musical ever written) The suspense makes the danger worthwhile... :-)

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.