Trivia

Just thought maybe we might play a little trivia game, One person posts a question, then the person who answers it posts a new one, anything related to Emergency Medicine is fair game. Whether the question is at the most basic level or most advanced is fine.

Simple stuff to start.

What is the function of arrector pili muscle?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought maybe we might play a little trivia game, One person posts a question, then the person who answers it posts a new one, anything related to Emergency Medicine is fair game. Whether the question is at the most basic level or most advanced is fine.

Simple stuff to start.

What is the function of arrector pili muscle?

A microscopic band of muscle tissue which connects a hair follicle to the dermis. When stimulated, the arrector pili will contract and cause the hair to become more perpendicular to the skin surface

What is the the most common cause of Paroxysmal Supra-ventricular Tachycardia (PSVT)?

A microscopic band of muscle tissue which connects a hair follicle to the dermis. When stimulated, the arrector pili will contract and cause the hair to become more perpendicular to the skin surface

What is the the most common cause of Paroxysmal Supra-ventricular Tachycardia (PSVT)?

AV Nodal Re-entrant tachycardia.

What is the vaughan williams classification of amiodarone?

Iff the top of my head I would say III ..... sweet, I was right, what a guess!

Where is ACE used to convert angiotensin I into angiotensin II

pulmonary system (Well that's where ACE is found, although the actual conversion takes place throughout the circulation)

Ummm.... What phenomonon may occur with too rapid of administration of Fentanyl?

(I'll stick with drug questions since I have exams on them soon LOL)

Metaprolol can mask the early symptoms of hypoglycemia.

Name 2 or more uses for the KED.

Extracation and pelvic immobilization.

What is the name for a pupil the constricts during accommodation, but not to direct light stimulation?

Hello,

Argyll Robertson Pupil (Prostitute's Pupil).....'accommodates but dose not react' =) Most common cause Syphilis...hence the name. Other causes I can not recall off hand.

Ok....

Lesion that appear on the hand due to Endocarditis?

Cheers....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.