TX city revives the no paddling in school rule

akflightmedic

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/15/AR2010041505964.html?g=0

This city decides to revive the no paddling in school rule citing such things as "back in the old days kids behaved because they got paddled" which is BS!!

Kids of the past behaved because their parents taught them at home. It is NOT the school's function to spank a child...EVER! They are paid to educate. I would be pissed if I knew my tax dollars were paying for someone to beat my child or anyone else's child for that matter.

Corporal punishment does not belong in the school system.

I have many more thoughts and issues to say and share but this is enough to kickoff the topic....

Want to stop the trouble making? Lets go back to the old days teachers beat your butt, principle beats your butt, then the parents rather than crying about poor little Johnny beat his butt. Once or twice and kids will behave. This current age of don't touch is not working.

• Like 1

As someone who went to school in texas in the 60's and was sent to the asst principles office more than once for an arse whacking I'd say that if more kids had their butts warmed there would be more respect for the teachers and a definite fear of misbehaving.

All you had to do was look crosseyed at a teacher to get the finger pointing you out the door and down the hall. I remember one day as I stood in line and was around number 15 waiting, By the time my turn came he could hardly swing the paddle, he was just tooo tuckered out from all the beatings handed out that day. Nothing piss@d them off more than laughing at their efforts as juvenile attitude correction.

Nowadays if a few parents handled disciplining their heathen children, there might not be a need for the schools to do it for them.

• Like 1

Want to stop the trouble making? Lets go back to the old days teachers beat your butt, principle beats your butt, then the parents rather than crying about poor little Johnny beat his butt. Once or twice and kids will behave. This current age of don't touch is not working.

Yeah, let's go back to the good ol' days. When was that again spenac? 1900? You can't mean that, as women had little rights, gangs more or less ruled the cities, blacks were still routinely beaten, killed and imprisoned without cause.

The 20's? 30's? 40's? Certainly no gang issues, unwanted pregnancies, violence in the street, alcohol problems then, right? Yeah, Google it...

60's? 70's? If I remember correctly, anti government protests were the order of the day. Free love, drugs, anti war protests, sit ins. Are these the kids you are suggesting were 'beaten' into being good little rule followers?

I get so friggin' tired of the pro beating crowd that come to these conversations having put in as much effort as it takes to watch a few years of Father Knows Best and Leave it to Beaver. Happy Days wasn't real!! Fonzie was a made up TV character! Take a psych class. Make some effort to become educated in behavioral issues. Read a history book. Then you'll see just how ignorant you look when you want to 'beat' your way back to the good ol' days.

For the knuckle draggers beating looks good, it's easy, requires no brains or education, which is why it will remain popular with some. But you know what? The rest of the world has moved on.

Blacks are equal, some of the most powerful people on the planet are women, it's no longer OK to punch a 'queer' because God told you to, and we no longer terrorize our children because we're too stupid to educate them properly.

Try and keep up, huh?

Dwayne

Hmmm... the thread title seems to be the direct opposite of what the article says. But it does seem that AK understood the article itself.

Anyhow, I'm all for corporal punishment. But I am against it in schools. I vividly remember the three times I got paddled in school for something I didn't do. I was denied my due process. Someone says you did something, and boom, you get your arse beat on a false accusation. F that. The schools aren't competent to administer justice, so they have no business doing so.

Spenac probably got his arse whacked at school as a way to get off it and move around to warm up because fire was not invented yet! :D

I think parents have just become too useless or somehow incapable of disclipining thier kids, plain and simple.

• Like 1

Spenac probably got his arse whacked at school as a way to get off it and move around to warm up because fire was not invented yet!

Nobody needs warmth in Texas. We need air conditioners to get motivated!

The only one paddling my child is me. I don't give the school district carte blanche to strike my child. I don't remember reading that in the hand book. WE did send him to a private school who did believe in paddling but if parents opted out of it then the school calls the parent and the parent comes and gets their child. If they decide to ass whoop then so be it but no other adult touches my child - PERIOD. If they do then I press assault and child endangerment charges against them.