Online Badges

1aCe3

Boy, this is gonna make me look like some random guy trying to get stuff n pretending to be an EMT with this post and the other about car ID's. :shock:

I'm currently working for a private company, which does not issue badges to their employee's. They require, or suggest, not sure, one of my partners just told me to get me one. I know some places (but not so close to home) I was wondering if anyone knew of any good online places. I'm lookin for the gold style, not the silver. :D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, this is gonna make me look like some random guy trying to get stuff n pretending to be an EMT with this post and the other about car ID's. :shock:

I'm currently working for a private company, which does not issue badges to their employee's. They require, or suggest, not sure, one of my partners just told me to get me one. I know some places (but not so close to home) I was wondering if anyone knew of any good online places. I'm lookin for the gold style, not the silver. :D

If it is something they REQUIRE, they should be the ones paying for it. Why would you want a badge anyway? It makes you look too much like an LEO, which is often detrimental to the goals we want to achieve on-scene (it's bad enough being mistaken for a security guard). They are also like a big bulls-eye for anyone wanting to take pot-shots.

Just my opinion......

Screw the badge. This job is hard enough with out looking even more like an officer. Its bad enough walking around in a uniform with patches on both sleves without having a nice shiney badge to go with it. This was said to me in my last class stupid yes i know but it makes sence. "You never know when violence is going to erupt so try not to wear your uniform out of work. No matter what colors it is. Your always gonna become the target just because of the uniform."

Granted i live in a small town and look nothing like the LEO's in the area seeing i have the white shirt, but still i dont go gallyvanting around in my uniform if i dont have to.

My .02 cents take it or leave it.

MedFire

whew ok guys, I get it! I'm fairly new to the ems community and i'm just getting used to it, thanks for the advise. :roll: I'm gonna go ask a supervisor to see if they require it. (Although I doubt they do since u did make the point that they should give it if they require.

I still maintain, as per other strings, if someone is going to shoot at a uniform, it won't matter if the person has on a badge or not, they target the perceived LEO uniform, even if it's bright orange instead of "True-Law-Blue".

I agree, it does not really matter what you look like. But, if it is part of your uniform then your employer will tell you where to get it. Most company's will not sell you one without being ordered from the company on their letter head.

Be safe,

Ridryder 911

Badges are a rookie/yahoo thing, and anybody carrying one is immediately identified as such by veterans. Within a couple of years in the field, you'll realize that, get tired of it, and wish you had your fifty bucks back. Medics are not "officers" of any sort, and do not carry any kind of legislated authority, which is what a badge indicates.

But, if you are absolutely dead set on inflating your ego for a year or two:

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=gen...06&cat=2643

Of course, if you're really eat-up hardcore, you can have one custom made to your specfications at the same place.

Dyna Med used to have some California style 7-point star badges that were nice, but their website is dead now. I think they sold out or something.

Ok as far as the badge thing goes. I believe that they add to the professional look of the uniform.Yeah they sometimes may make you look like an offier But i would hope your department has taken steps to make the uniform distinctly different from the LEO's. If they require it they must supply it. I would recommend galls. But if every one is purchasing the badges individuallt is there at least a set design or is it what ever you want. As if it is part of a uniform it should be the same. Also uniforms are needed to maintain a professional image and standard of dress other wise we would look like a bunch of sloppy unprofessional slobs.

I agree with the badges making you look like an FNG, or at the very least a buff. EMS does not need badges. All you need is something on your sleeve or back that states your level of training so that at a scene you can easily be identified.

Just because your company requires you to have something does not mean that they are required to supply or even pay for it (at least in NYS). I worked for a company that required us to pay for our own uniforms and even our own oxygen regulators. This made many people quite mad, so an occupational lawyer was consulted and they were told that as long as the company is not asking for anything unreasonable there is nothing that can be done. Even the O2 regulator was not considered unreasonable. The only saving grace was that if you saved your receipts you could use it for your taxes.