discounts

tamaith

Hello,

I was curious if anyone knew of any other companies that give discounts to ems . I know p.c. richardson, sprint, and nextel . Anyone know of any others? Thanks

Dunkin Donuts, Steak n shake and chick-fil-a does here......some local gas stations.

Dunkin Donuts, Steak n shake and chick-fil-a does here......some local gas stations.

www.responderrewards.com nice little site. Not sure how big of discounts but they do offer some good deals.

Hey Ruff,

Is there some trick to getting on responderrewards? All I got was a log in page... and no place to go to see what it took to join. Feedback please.. LOL

We get the odd discount here and there. It's fairly infrequent though and more of a nice surprise when it happens than an expectation by any means. The best one I've come across is the McDonald's by one of our bases gives us 50% off and South St Burger Co. by another base gives us 30% while on duty.

The gym I go to though gives Paramedics an incredible deal (probably FD and PD too since I've seen a bunch of cops and local FF's in the locker room). $63.00 for the entire year and it's a really nice gym.

This reminds me of a funny story that happened near one of our north end bases. Crew goes into Tim Horton's to grab coffee with a cop car in tow. Two medics order and buy their coffee. Cop (who are never charged for coffee at Tim's) orders his and the lady goes to ring him up when he gives her a puzzled look. Lady realizes he's a cop and says "Oh sorry, I thought you were just EMS." Cop goes off on her, "Just EMS?! Who the heck do you think is going to patch me up if I get shot? Just EMS?!" Cop snorts and tosses a toonie on the counter for the coffee and leaves. (We get along really well with PD in my region.)

Glock offers a discount to EMS/FD/everybody else under their Homeland Security Discount program.

And I got a 27% discount from Sprint for working at my old Hospital... :) Better than the 10% from the old service I worked for

I have NEVER gotten a discount at Dunkin' Donuts, in or out of uniform.

I understand some movie theaters, on specific days of the week, offer discounts to emergency responders, but none of the theaters are near me, so I'd lose in fuel ($2.99.9 a gallon yesterday) what I'd save on tickets.

The only time I remember getting any discounts was in the week following the 9-11 attack: Rest stops on the New York Thruway had discounted some food items for responders (LEO, FD, EMS), and the military, and french fries were free with another purchase.

I have NEVER gotten a discount at Dunkin' Donuts, in or out of uniform.

I understand some movie theaters, on specific days of the week, offer discounts to emergency responders, but none of the theaters are near me, so I'd lose in fuel ($2.99.9 a gallon yesterday) what I'd save on tickets.

The only time I remember getting any discounts was in the week following the 9-11 attack: Rest stops on the New York Thruway had discounted some food items for responders (LEO, FD, EMS), and the military, and french fries were free with another purchase.

Richard, my patner(s) and I have gotten 20% discounts at Dunkin Donuts about 5 times now. I was surprised atually